KTM?

European cars???? What's the most reliable BMW or Mercedes?

For our family it varies from model to model. If you leave the bmw's (x3 or x5) for more than a couple of days they are likely to need jump starting. Small battery and big constant draw. One of my family has an ML350 that seems pretty reliable, but like the BMW's costantly has small things. Dont keep either past about 80k would be my advice, but it is based on locality some too. Honda's run forever, Toyotas and Lexus likewise up here. Subarus are everywhere so you hear that same sound of leaking head gaskets that used to be reserved for air cooled VW's.

For our family it varies from model to model. If you leave the bmw's (x3 or x5) for more than a couple of days they are likely to need jump starting. Small battery and big constant draw. One of my family has an ML350 that seems pretty reliable, but like the BMW's costantly has small things. Dont keep either past about 80k would be my advice, but it is based on locality some too. Honda's run forever, Toyotas and Lexus likewise up here. Subarus are everywhere so you hear that same sound of leaking head gaskets that used to be reserved for air cooled VW's.

How is it that only Honda can build such a reliable car compared to the other manufacturers? One would think that the BMW and Mercedes should have the reputation of a Honda. :noidea:

Guys:
@TurtleShifter
@ossagp
@Rack
@2strokesteve89
@jackson409
This is a KTM thread! Stop THE :BS: (4 pages) and stay on TOPIC! Why do you guys have to come in and ALWAYS take a thread way off Topic? :prof: Bunch of meanies, bullies, smarty pants. OK, where were we? Oh....

I had a 200 series MB and it was the biggest pile of crap.
I have and had air cooled VW 56 bug and still have 69 Westi, as long as you stay up on them like your bike they will give you over 125,000 miles per motor.
Toyota.... over 300,000 on a 76, and 79 pickup truck, 200,000 on an 82. I still own 5 from 96 up and one 09 Scion XD (34 mpg).:banana:
Subaru fixed the head problem and they are considered the Japanese "Volvo".
Wrenching on cars like Steve, hell yesterday I are a mechanic, today I can't spell that... (I know it goes the other way) I don't work on anything but my VW. Have a Master mechanic at Toyota that does all my work.