250F In honor of a fallen friend

Here she is in all her glory. No custom pipes for this race we don't have time to test them. I have them built but we don't have a solid mounting bracket figured out for the silencer so we are not going to risk it.

Two of the riders are testing and tuning today then we are going to give it a once over and try to ride it one more time before next Saturday. Also the new graphics should be in by wednesday then we will be in business.

photo.JPG

Here she is in all her glory. No custom pipes for this race we don't have time to test them. I have them built but we don't have a solid mounting bracket figured out for the silencer so we are not going to risk it.

Two of the riders are testing and tuning today then we are going to give it a once over and try to ride it one more time before next Saturday. Also the new graphics should be in by wednesday then we will be in business.

View attachment 15071
:drool: That looks soooooo good

Down to the nitty gritty now. Bike made its maiden voyage yesterday plus a few heat cycles. Today two of the riders took it out to run it through its paces. Both riders where thoroughly impressed and said they clocked it at just a hair over 90 and it was still pulling.

Going to make a couple suspension adjustments and then ride it one more time.While they were out doing that I was at the shop stickering up the plastics. Also got the fresh exhaust system in from DR D. since we didn't have time to test our custom pipes. 4 days and counting.

photo 2-1.JPG

photo-1.JPG

90 mph 250f :shocked:

It is all gearing. The bike struggles on the bottom but that is ok the Silver State 300 is a VERY fast race course.

The riders are saying that there is a big gap between 4th and 5th. So the bike will probably live in 4th most the time ans then 5th on the wide open roads.

90 mph 250f :shocked:
It is all gearing. The bike struggles on the bottom but that is ok the Silver State 300 is a VERY fast race course.

The riders are saying that there is a big gap between 4th and 5th. So the bike will probably live in 4th most the time ans then 5th on the wide open roads.
We had our KX250 Smoker geared at 15/42 for the Baja 1000 and I was clocked at 106mph on the pavement. When you back out of it, you need to down shift like 3 times to get the bike back up in the R's.

:thumb: on the bike build and good luck in the up coming race to you and your team. I like the "We Ride For Ty" on the rear fender graphic. Make sure you get plenty of pics of the bike when laced up in the new skins before it goes out. Need a team photo as well standing behind the bike so you can hang that in the shop.

Tomorrow is race day. We got through tech with no problems and the riders meeting is at 6.

We had some bad news yesterday our alternate rider went down hard and had to be rushed to the hospital. He is home now but very sore and has numbness in his legs. With this crash happening so close to race day we couldn't scrounge up another rider in time, so Our two riders are going to have to split the 290 miles between themselves.

I will be posting updates on our facebook page as much as I can tomorrow. We are scheduled to leave the line at 6:11. I will have a full race report when I get home.

Tomorrow is race day. We got through tech with no problems and the riders meeting is at 6.

We had some bad news yesterday our alternate rider went down hard and had to be rushed to the hospital. He is home now but very sore and has numbness in his legs. With this crash happening so close to race day we couldn't scrounge up another rider in time, so Our two riders are going to have to split the 290 miles between themselves.

I will be posting updates on our facebook page as much as I can tomorrow. We are scheduled to leave the line at 6:11. I will have a full race report when I get home.

Best of luck!

:USA: