250F In honor of a fallen friend

To honor our friend that was killed in a car accident this year we are prepping his bike in order to race the 2013 offroad MRAN season. We are also going to race his bike in the Vegas to Reno race which was held on the weekend Tyler was killed. We were suppose to be attending the race together as pit support for a couple friends.

This was taken from his cousins facebook page.

Today marks the beginning of race prep for the 2013 season. In honor of Ty we have teamed up with Powersport Junkie to race the 2013 Vegas to Reno race. It is the longest point to point off road race in the US. It is also rated as one of the toughest off road races. We will post pics of the bike as it progresses. The efforts are also focused on promoting safe driving and providing information on outlets that allow you to safely exercise your desire to go fast. Drive Safe!
Tylers Bike.jpg
I will keep this thread updated as a build thread as we move along during race prep. If anybody has any spare parts lying around that will fit this 07 YZ250F and would like to donate to the cause please let me know. All donations would be greatly appreciated.

:thumb: Vegas to Reno :drool: One race that came up after I retired that I have not done. Gear to the moon. I have an 07 450, but do not have any parts that would be worth donating to this cause. Since you were going t to be pit support are you now a rider in this team?

Good Luck!

:thumb: Vegas to Reno :drool: One race that came up after I retired that I have not done. Gear to the moon. I have an 07 450, but do not have any parts that would be worth donating to this cause. Since you were going t to be pit support are you now a rider in this team?

Good Luck!

I am not a rider as the three guys riding are a lot faster than me. Plus two of them are from northern Nevada and have ridden that part of the course many times. I am a much better mechanic slash pit guy than a rider. So that is where I think I am most helpful.

Making some progress on the race bike. This was taken from Tylers cousin's facebook page.

Bike Update: The bike is torn down to the frame. Sending the frame to the powder coater this week (bright yellow for the color), cleaning parts, and tearing the motor down this weekend. Big Thanks to Powersport Junkie for their support. Please remember to slow down and drive safe. Race at the track, not on our streets.

Frame.jpg

frame1.jpg

OK guys need some help. Got the motor torn down and am looking for parts. We are putting all new parts in and are looking for reliability over performance. This bike has to go almost 600 miles so we want it to stay together. What are your suggestions on crank and piston combos.

OK guys need some help. Got the motor torn down and am looking for parts. We are putting all new parts in and are looking for reliability over performance. This bike has to go almost 600 miles so we want it to stay together. What are your suggestions on crank and piston combos.
oem crank, JE piston

Here is the start of the parts coming in.

JE Piston 13.5 TO 1 Which is stock for a 2007 YZ 250F
DSC_0528.JPG

Boyesen HY-Flow Water pump in Black Color.
DSC_0529.JPG

Hots Rods rod bearing and seat kit.
DSC_0531.JPG

KG Clutch Factory Clutch kit with Springs
DSC_0532.JPG

ALL BALLS Steering head bearing KIT
DSC_0530.JPG