250F In honor of a fallen friend

PSJBrock.... I <3 your threads so much. I love that I can follow your bike builds that doesn't take 3 years to complete. You make a lot of progress and keep us all interested. Awesome! Thank you!

Sorry the posts havent been coming as much. Got a second job to stack up my chips for christmas and the start of the race season. I will be picking up the bottom end from the machine shop today with all new bearings (crank and transmission) so we can get it assembled over the christmas break. I will post some pictures tomorrow or friday.

Sorry the posts havent been coming as much. Got a second job to stack up my chips for christmas and the start of the race season. I will be picking up the bottom end from the machine shop today with all new bearings (crank and transmission) so we can get it assembled over the christmas break. I will post some pictures tomorrow or friday.
Great thread Brock :thumb: Don't forget to have a very merry X-mass season as well :cheers:

Just picked up some Asbestos hose wrap for our Vegas to Reno bike. This shields the radiator hoses from extreme heat of the motor and also protects the hoses from being cut or damaged from trees and rocks. This stuff has a heat tolerance of up to 1200 degrees. Should be good for us.

HoseWrap.jpg

How the hell did you get asbestos?

I am used to the old stuff that was real asbestos. I don't believe this is "asbestos" it is some kind of thick nylon mix. I am sure it has fiberglass in it to, because when you use it all day it you have itchy ass fingers and arms.

I am used to the old stuff that was real asbestos. I don't believe this is "asbestos" it is some kind of thick nylon mix. I am sure it has fiberglass in it to, because when you use it all day it you have itchy ass fingers and arms.

it looks like a carbon fiber weave to me...looks likke good stuff though

Well it has been super busy around here so I haven't been able to post much. We are gearing up for the Silver State 300 which is the first weekend in may. Here are a couple parts that arrived yesterday for the race bike.

We had to order another fuel tank because the 2012 YZ250F and the 06 YZ250F use a different frame design. So here is the IMS quick fill tank for the 2006 Race Bike.

David-Watts-1.JPG

We also have some fresh hand guards. The riders like the Cycra Hand Guards.

David-Watts-2.JPG

Also we are running a V1 Stabilizer from GPR above the Bar.

David-Watts-3.JPG

For the Gearing we are going 14 front sprocket and 48 Rear.

David-Watts-4.JPG

I will be fabricating the Exhaust for it. As there is not an exhaust company that makes an exhaust that will suit our needs for the upcoming race. Also have some one off race parts in the works that I will post once we get them made.