250 I am a YZ Whore-der

And so the sickness begins. 2004 YZ 250
image.jpg
Why, just why?
image.jpg
This ex-owner had issues. Said the bike was just a little more than he could bare.
image.jpg
It's just a 250, not a 500!
image.jpg
Something different, going to try my hand at the 2001 YZ 125cc also.
image.jpg
So, if you observed the #1 picture, you can see a little green thing in the center of the blue glory. That is a 01 KX 60 thrown in for free with the purchase of the lovely blue. No paperwork on it, and when I told joe he could have it as a play bike, the kid went giddy on me. As soon as we got home he pulled it to the wash station and went nuts. Pulled the carb, I took it apart and soaked it from 4-7 and the bike was running at 8:15. I also said, if he helps me with the 125, I'll let him take it to the track to break it in.
Rebuild photos to follow.

Last edited:
I didn't specify minutes, days weeks or years
Smart ASS Jr., my long lost brothers, uncles , son. How the crap you doing?
image.jpg
One of my goodie boxes showed up. Stock and parts!
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
Judging by engine side covers, frame sides and bottom rails, this bike didn't have much use to it. Oil drained out clean and that's always a good sign.
image.jpg
Carburetor had a his bit of goo. But a 4 hour plus soak and this always takes care of that.
image.jpg
Carb cleaned, assembled and adjusted. Frame is stripped down and the box of parts accumulate as we go. Pull the motor tonight and bench it.

Looks good Palmer. Makes me miss my old 03. These YZ250s are great all around bikes. Can make to be awesome off roaders. If I new you were going to be a YZ whore, I would have saved some of my goodies from my old 250 and sent them your way.

Reminds me of the times when my long time pal and I used to roll one in every couple of weeks and turn it into something. Good times for sure. We rode them out usually, even if we said they were going to be sold, we just couldnt resist using them up and starting over. His latest is taking an xr100 I didnt know what to do with and turning it into a rider for himself. Days of riding an alcohol bike or a large KTM two stroke are likely a thing of the past. he turns 84 the week I turn 64 and that is about 3 weeks from now.

Reminds me of the times when my long time pal and I used to roll one in every couple of weeks and turn it into something. Good times for sure. We rode them out usually, even if we said they were going to be sold, we just couldnt resist using them up and starting over. His latest is taking an xr100 I didnt know what to do with and turning it into a rider for himself. Days of riding an alcohol bike or a large KTM two stroke are likely a thing of the past. he turns 84 the week I turn 64 and that is about 3 weeks from now.

THink young, stay young. :thumb: