Free new whip! :smirk:

Finally! Bringing it to the shop tomorrow, hopefully we will have time to work on it.
IMAG1944-1-1.jpg

Got it to my dads shop today and played with it a little. It only has 97k on it :thumb: We talked to the guy who gave it to us today, he informed us that all it needed was a battery :picard: We got it running right after we dropped a new battery in it, a minute later it gurgled on it's last drop of fuel. We put two gallons in it and discovered the fuel pump stopped working, I guess that's what they got confused with the oil pump we were told it needed. But boy did that thing sound good for the minute we got to hear it run. My dad thinks it may need an A/C condenser also, it appears to be leaking. With not being able to test drive it that's all we know about it's mechanical condition until Monday.

Only things we could find wrong with it aside from the possible leak and the dead fuel pump wasssssssss

Small crack in windshield
Radio wont work on FM
Needs new hatch struts
Headliner is falling
Rear driver blinker bulb

Everything else is looking good :thumb: Here's some pics.

IMAG1947.jpg

IMAG1946.jpg

IMAG1945.jpg

IMAG1948.jpg

IMAG1951.jpg

IMAG1959.jpg

IMAG1966.jpg

IMAG1961.jpg

IMAG1965.jpg

ANDDD here's the engine we were going to put in it if need be.
IMAG1954.jpg

Haven't washed it yet so bare with me. It's as clean as a whistle.

OH and check out this gem that my dads working on.
IMAG1956.jpg

I got really good at replacing the fuel pump in an xj, you don't even have to drop the fuel tank, its mounted on the front side of the tank.

I'm not an engineer.
but on the 90 I had there was a recess in the center front part of the tank (almost in line with the drive shaft) and you knocked the rings loose with a hammer and a punch, popped the lines and out it came.

I'm not an engineer.
but on the 90 I had there was a recess in the center front part of the tank (almost in line with the drive shaft) and you knocked the rings loose with a hammer and a punch, popped the lines and out it came.

Sweet, I'll check it out. Thanks Sean, you're my hero.

On the 04 i changed i had to drop the tank.. Big arse skid plate... It was a 04 grand cheerokeeee .... Also i didn't replace the whole pump.. Just ordered a rebuilt kit...1/4 of the price...

On the 04 i changed i had to drop the tank.. Big arse skid plate... It was a 04 grand cheerokeeee .... Also i didn't replace the whole pump.. Just ordered a rebuilt kit...1/4 of the price...

The actual pump stopped working, I don't think a rebuild kit would be in order.

Rebuild kit is a new pump... And a hose.. And some clamps instead of spending like 200 for a whole new fuel pump module

Hahaha I have no clue about any of this fuel pump chiz. But my dads gonna see what exactly isn't working and order parts from there.

Got it running today. A screen had disintegrated in the fuel tank and the fuel pump got clogged up with all the chit.

crap we were digging out of the tank
IMAG1977.jpg

and all the chit on the fuel pump
IMAG1980.jpg

IMAG1975-1.jpg

Washed her real quick, still not looking nearly as good as it could.
IMAG1986.jpg

IMAG1985.jpg

IMAG1987.jpg

I had my whip out :whip:
IMAG1974-1.jpg