DUAL SPORT BIKES Pro's and Con's

im sure you meant miles. id expect to get 70 or 80 maybe with my bike.... depending but ive had to hit reserve at 42 miles in LPNF and 53 miles here in San Diego.

I got almost 65 (or whatever the mileage was at the rez ride) on my Husky with a 2-2.2 gal tank. I ran out shortly before we crossed the highway which is only a few miles from the rez...so I'm thiking :thinking: more than 100 (120-130) if I almost triple my capacity...:prof:

I got almost 65 (or whatever the mileage was at the rez ride) on my Husky with a 2-2.2 gal tank. I ran out shortly before we crossed the highway which is only a few miles from the rez...so I'm thiking :thinking: more than 100 (120-130) if I almost triple my capacity...:prof:
I ran 90 miles on the 2.5 when it burped and stopped. I added the 3.3 IMS and I should be good for a handful of more miles. I like the IMS because it tucks in nicely and as Trav said, it is hard to tell you have a big tank. The Tank Rack has is nice, but it replaces the radiator shrouds and they are now holding fuel. I like the natural as well, but over time they discolor and do not look that nice.

Here are a couple mods for the TTR conversion for off-road use:
Smog Removed.
Dot tires worn out and replaced with non-dot knobbies.
rear turn signals removed and replaced with flush mounts.
Front turn signals removed and replaced with shorties tucked in close to the front plate.
ISDE Jetting.
Rear end cap in exhaust removed and gutted. Some replace with PMB, but the stocker does the same thing, is free and keeps it quieter.
Changed stock gearing (15/45) to 14/48 desert, 13/48 forest.

There are a few other little additions, but these are the basics to make the bike a little more friendly off-road and still have street appeal.

I ran 90 miles on the 2.5 when it burped and stopped. I added the 3.3 IMS and I should be good for a handful of more miles. I like the IMS because it tucks in nicely and as Trav said, it is hard to tell you have a big tank. The Tank Rack has is nice, but it replaces the radiator shrouds and they are now holding fuel. I like the natural as well, but over time they discolor and do not look that nice.

Smog Removed.
Front turn signals removed and replaced with shorties tucked in close to the front plate.
ISDE Jetting.
Rear end cap in exhaust removed and gutted. Some replace with PMB, but the stocker does the same thing, is free and keeps it quieter.

There are a few other little additions, but these are the basics to make the bike a little more friendly off-road and still have street appeal.

The ride I mentioned was 1/2 sand wash.......:devil:...geeks favorite...don't know how much more we'd have gotten if it were hard(er) packed...LOT's of wheel spin! :foul:...I mean...it was GREAT...:shocked:.....:banana:...:ride:

As for the MOD's......sounds good. minimal for the most part. :devil:

Smog Removed.
ISDE Jetting.

Pardon the hi jack here,,,I am not by any means up to par on gearing but from what I hear, 1 tooth change in the front is same as a 3 tooth change in the back, so isn't going down from a 15 to a 14 the same as going from a 45 to a 48 and by doing so isn't this a much shorter gear ratio than that of a 15/45, so it would be slower in the DEZ which I thought you wanted taller to get across the DEZ floor.