DUAL SPORT BIKES Pro's and Con's

Not that I know anything but I have heard that on the new bikes, the rangers, po po or whomever, knows what is supposed to be there and if they see it is all gone you may be ticketed. We must all have clean running and no smog belching dirt bikes out there in the desert. I bet there is a lot more pollution coming from all the weed whippers, blowers and lawn mowers but those are all okay. :prof:

Right now I'm not too concerned about the performance of the bike with al that shizzle on it only what will happen in the event it gets torn off, broken, etc. As far as the desert and air quality...the Marines stir up WAAAAAAY more dust than any offroader including any off road event. BUT, acording to the AQMD or ? that has been monitoring the dust levels at 29 palms says differently and that they ARE within their limits. :foul: is what I say...:foul: em all!

oh yeah, Emissions not omissions...where's the fricken spelling po po when you need em?

(If you're serious) I haven't seen it on the Berg's but on the Husky's it's a canister dwon towards the bottom of the cylinder just above the case just waiting to get torn off by a bush or bashed in by a rock...since it's in the way of the subframe on the Berg, I have no idea where it's located but seeing as how everything is tucked in it might be up inder the seat or ??? :noidea:

everyone rips that shit off. Seriously tho... a lot of us having KTM's is a poor excuse to not want one. There is a reason why we all like these EXC's :banana:

Come drink the Kool-Aid with us

The tank thing may only be a time deal. IMS did make a tank for the older design but it was delayed for about a year or more. The same thing may happen now and a tank might be available in the future.

Have you considered a Beta? One of the guys that I ride with has one and he likes it. I don't know the size, but he gets 100+ miles on it.

All I have is two words after all the legitimate posts you see above. 1) Dual and 2) Sport. Enough said. Like all the others have said pull all the stock crap off and put it in a box for a fix it ticket or put non-DOT LED flush mount lights on and never worry again. DS bike is a must or have two bikes.

Oh wait, I have another word that just came to mind.... TRAITOR... :moon:

George told me he could finance you through the Company..(H/BMW)..Takes time but he can do it....

I like the bike however there aren't any dealers in my area or area I'm willing to drive to...

The tank thing may only be a time deal. IMS did make a tank for the older design but it was delayed for about a year or more. The same thing may happen now and a tank might be available in the future.

Have you considered a Beta? One of the guys that I ride with has one and he likes it. I don't know the size, but he gets 100+ miles on it.

All I have is two words after all the legitimate posts you see above. 1) Dual and 2) Sport. Enough said. Like all the others have said pull all the stock crap off and put it in a box for a fix it ticket or put non-DOT LED flush mount lights on and never worry again. DS bike is a must or have two bikes.

Oh wait, I have another word that just came to mind.... TRAITOR... :moon:

George told me he could finance you through the Company..(H/BMW)..Takes time but he can do it....

The tank thing, I've been hoping to hear something about it. The only thing thus far is a safari (Dakar) style tank to replace the side panels. :rolleyes: not sure I like that idea.

Traitor..get over it already........:P

Uptite + finance = :thinking:

I like the bike however there aren't any dealers in my area or area I'm willing to drive to...

The tank thing, I've been hoping to hear something about it. The only thing thus far is a safari (Dakar) style tank to replace the side panels. :rolleyes: not sure I like that idea.

Traitor..get over it already........:P

Uptite + finance = :thinking:

You have almost drank the cool aid. Think Berg or KTM :smirk:

Come on over Rez a few of us have some cool aid for you to drink :devil:

You have almost drank the cool aid. Think Berg or KTM :smirk:

Come on over Rez a few of us have some cool aid for you to drink :devil:

So close but yet so far..............roost when I can RACK, I got your cool iad RIGHT HERE :smirk:

I think I'll go KTM 530 (if they have any more) with the 6 gal tank and say :f: it.......:smirk:

So close but yet so far..............roost when I can RACK, I got your cool iad RIGHT HERE :smirk:

I think I'll go KTM 530 (if they have any more) with the 6 gal tank and say :f: it.......:smirk:

The 13L tank is perfect. It will give you a range of 150+/- miles.

The 13L tank is perfect. It will give you a range of 150+/- miles.

Well then let's see...theres
* Malcolm Smith in Riverside
* Chapparral in Berdoo
* Z Racing in Orange
* 3 Bros in Temecula and Costa Mesa

my choices are almost endless for KaBooms.............:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

CDA has the 3.3 IMS tank and you almost cant even tell its not the stock one.

Well then let's see...theres
* Malcolm Smith in Riverside
* Chapparral in Berdoo
* Z Racing in Orange
* 3 Bros in Temecula and Costa Mesa

my choices are almost endless for KaBooms.............:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

you could also go talk to a guy named Mark who is a salesmen at North County Yamaha. hes a buddy of mine