AR-15 build

YESSSS!!!!! :D just one question what is the function of the think attached to the underside of the barrel?

its called A Magpul AFG2. im playing with it.thought i would test it out a little. its supposed to help with accuracy and recoil reduction. the point is that your hand is around the handgaurd and thumb sits on top of the rifle so when you are firing rippid consecutive shots the rifle does rise so much. With traditional forward gribs your hand is position underneath. but i havent used it yet. i like it though its very comfortable to hold.

its called A Magpul AFG2. im playing with it.thought i would test it out a little. its supposed to help with accuracy and recoil reduction. the point is that your hand is around the handgaurd and thumb sits on top of the rifle so when you are firing rippid consecutive shots the rifle does rise so much. With traditional forward gribs your hand is position underneath. but i havent used it yet. i like it though its very comfortable to hold.
I have the same forward grip and I like it as well.

Here she is.

I stippled the Magpul MOE Grip and AFG forward grip. As posted above this grip helps you stay on target for multiple follow up shots. It enables you to keep your hand above the muzzle so you can control the recoil easier.

AR-15.JPG

AR-15-1.JPG

AR-15-3.JPG

I got the Magpul flip up sights as backups in case the red dot goes down. The cantilevered scope mount allows me to look through the iron sights right through the scope. Below you can see the Nickle Boron Coated bolt for extra insurance. I only want one rifle and if shit hits the fan I want it to operate.

AR-15-4.JPG

Here she is.

I stippled the Magpul MOE Grip and AFG forward grip. As posted above this grip helps you stay on target for multiple follow up shots. It enables you to keep your hand above the muzzle so you can control the recoil easier.

View attachment 13152

View attachment 13153

View attachment 13154

I got the Magpul flip up sights as backups in case the red dot goes down. The cantilevered scope mount allows me to look through the iron sights right through the scope. Below you can see the Nickle Boron Coated bolt for extra insurance. I only want one rifle and if shit hits the fan I want it to operate.

View attachment 13155

:clap:.......:drool: wow she is a beauty!!!!!!!! very nice!!! ya ive been looking at the nikle boron bolt but i havent done my home work yet to feel comfortable throwing that in my gun, how you like it?!?

:clap:.......:drool: wow she is a beauty!!!!!!!! very nice!!! ya ive been looking at the nikle boron bolt but i havent done my home work yet to feel comfortable throwing that in my gun, how you like it?!?

I bought a Fail Zero upper and Bolt so it came coated. It is awesome My AR will shoot steel cased ammo brass cased anything. It says on the box DO NOT clean your rifle. Also you use no lube, so there is nothing to trap dirt or debris.

That bolt has probably 700 rounds of the steel case wolf ammo through it. It hasn't been cleaned either

I thought that was the purpose of a forgrip?

I bought a Fail Zero upper and Bolt so it came coated. It is awesome My AR will shoot steel cased ammo brass cased anything. It says on the box DO NOT clean your rifle. Also you use no lube, so there is nothing to trap dirt or debris.

That bolt has probably 700 rounds of the steel case wolf ammo through it. It hasn't been cleaned either
holy :bleep:!!! :banghead: I hate you!! That is so beautiful!! Where do you live? because I am coming over during a zombie apocolypse.

James

Staff member
http://www.gunnuts.net/2010/05/30/pet-peeve/

magpul-afg-black.jpg

oohhh very nice!!! ya i wish i didnt have to clean my gun as much. i only have maybe around 200 rounds through mine. is yours a piston driven or gas?

um there are little differences between them. the afg like james explained above in the aritcle^^ is properly placed as far forward as possible, this will lead to better accuracy and control of the gun when firring rapidly. the downfall of this is that your arms are extended out farther, which will hinder maneuvarbillity. you probably will never see a afg in a combat zone becuase the foregrip like you asked is ment to be placed as far back to the gun mag as possible without hindering mag wile changing mag's. when you place it far back like that you lose accuracy control when relocating a target for a fallow up shot, but the up side is it helps the handler have far more control over the gun. since your arms are closer together. hence why the military, navy seal, police, ect issue foregrips not afgs. have you ever seen a paintballer play speed ball?? there are reasons why the guns are so small, and have there arms closer together its for better handling. plus in combat conditions MOST people dont really aim but point and shoot, but this is all basically opionon from different forms and articles and my own personal testing. also i am more than welcome to hear your guys opionons on this also please.

like when i get certified to used my ar-15 in the line of duty i will put a forward grip on mine.

Yall pretty much covered it. I would like to add that this method is called the "thumb break method". The idea of it, explained by Travis Haley, was that using it correctly, your arm should be straight. When you use the traditional method, the recoil bends your elbow makes it unstable. Using the thumb break method, your arm is straight and twisted. This keeps your arm solid and resists the natural bending of your elbow. Of course...he explains it much better. :lol:

I do use a forward grip, but I use the thumb break method too.

Like so,
4104518423_cd36878872.jpg

I find that more useful. While just carrying it around (or if I were on patrol if SHTF), I would rather hold it by grip and vertical grip. It just seems more practical that you can use it two ways.