AR-15 build

:jawdrop: Will I get the honor of shooting it? btw you have to take that scope off when we have a shoot off because It isn't fair. My family isn't shitting money like you!:stirthepot: Mabye, we should do something with rounds that are easily attainable lol.

James

Staff member
:jawdrop: Will I get the honor of shooting it? btw you have to take that scope off when we have a shoot off because It isn't fair. My family isn't shitting money like you!:stirthepot: Mabye, we should do something with rounds that are easily attainable lol.
My problem with that is that I don't have rear iron sights. :lol::bonk:

I agree. But even getting a lower, stripped or complete will cost you, probably nearly the price of what you could have built an AR for months ago. :lol:

I HIGHLY recommend building it yourself. You know what parts you are using, the quality of them, and how everything works and goes together. It's extremely simple. I actually built my lower without ever using a vise/magwell block. But if you build your upper, you will need an upper vise block.

If you do go that route, definitely check out BCM (Bravo Company MFG). I am VERY pleased with their quality and how they treat their customers. My upper came with probably over $60 in free merchandise (hat, two training Panteo DVDs, posters, etc). That upper shoots like a dream. There's no surprise why big names in the industry run BCM. Many consider them Top Tier, but with a better price.

I am in the same boat as you I have 1700 in my AR that is WITH optics. (Aimpoint Red Dot) and it is not a chinese knock off. I was thinking about selling mine for 4,000. I actually had a buyer lined up. I couldn't do it. It just didn't feel right raking somebody over the coals like that.

To the OP you are WAY behind the curve. Your best bet is to buy parts and build one. That is what I did. I bought a rock river lower. complete for like 200 bucks. I then bought a fail zero upper, bolt and fire control group. I bought a 16 inch barrel and an A2 Flash Hider. I had the barrel cut down to 14 and half inches and had the flash hider pinned. I bought all the MagPul Mall ninja accessories and had the whole gun Moly coated tan. BUT those days are long gone.

LEADHead I need your Connections.I have cash for the AMMO hook UP!!!! :hug:

I'll get you ammo. Just send the money in advance. :smirk:

I would like to see your lead slinger too!

Nope, actually the opposite, didn't come with any and I didn't have money for both so I went with the scope only. :P

Pick you up a Magpul MBUS Rear sight for $60! It's not the best iron, but it's sufficient and will do you good until you get some optics on there!

James

Staff member
Pick you up a Magpul MBUS Rear sight for $60! It's not the best iron, but it's sufficient and will do you good until you get some optics on there!
I already have optics on there which is why I didn't get an iron sight.

I agree. But even getting a lower, stripped or complete will cost you, probably nearly the price of what you could have built an AR for months ago. :lol:

I HIGHLY recommend building it yourself. You know what parts you are using, the quality of them, and how everything works and goes together. It's extremely simple. I actually built my lower without ever using a vise/magwell block. But if you build your upper, you will need an upper vise block.

If you do go that route, definitely check out BCM (Bravo Company MFG). I am VERY pleased with their quality and how they treat their customers. My upper came with probably over $60 in free merchandise (hat, two training Panteo DVDs, posters, etc). That upper shoots like a dream. There's no surprise why big names in the industry run BCM. Many consider them Top Tier, but with a better price.

I'll get you ammo. Just send the money in advance. :smirk:

I would like to see your lead slinger too!

does it come with a dvd or a booklet on how to put it together? My dad hasn't shown me any internal parts. He is really bad at that. I had to teach myself off of youtube on how to disassemble my 870 and clean it. :(

go to youtube and type in DIY ar-15 build. they will give you a step-by-step instructions on how to assemble your ar-15. i used this to build my first ar-15. ar-15's are probably the easiest guns i have ever assembled. you just need a punch set, tape ( so not to scratch your gun when taping in the douls), a small hammer, and some patients. good luck! :thumb: keep up with the build and post some pictures of your progress!!

i have two ar-15's a m&p 15 that i build and a lmt. ill try to post some pictures later.

does it come with a dvd or a booklet on how to put it together? My dad hasn't shown me any internal parts. He is really bad at that. I had to teach myself off of youtube on how to disassemble my 870 and clean it. :(

It does not come with a guide. But there are many great write-ups and videos on it. I prefer writ ups to videos.