AR-15 build

I think Ill stick with iron sights because If I actually do have to use it for emergency I don't want the battery to go out.
:needpics:

Is it high magnification though? because I'm just going to get a Remington bolt action for long range. Not sure what caliber though.

James

Staff member
Is it high magnification though? because I'm just going to get a Remington bolt action for long range. Not sure what caliber though.
I've hit water bottles at 150+ yards with it before. However I'd go with a higher magnification if you're going to be shooting that range a lot.

I think Ill stick with iron sights because If I actually do have to use it for emergency I don't want the battery to go out.
:needpics:

You can use the iron sights as a co-witness. Most iron sights in relation to optics/optic mounts will be co-witnessed at half, or 1/4 from the bottom of the optic window. Co-witness means you can look through the rear iron sights through the optic and to the front sight post. Most military rifles are set up this way incase of a malfunction, the operator could flip the rear sight and use the iron sights. Also, if you buy Aimpoint, EoTech, or Trijicon, it would be very rare for a malfunction. Aimpoints typically have very long battery life, ranging from 3-5 years of constantly ON with (I believe) the brightest setting. It is common for people to always leave the dot on, even in the safe, just incase of emergency. EoTechs have a much shorter battery life, which is why I wont buy one. The reticle is nice though. A 65MOA circle surrounding a 1MOA dot. The most common Trijicon is, of course, the ACOG. The ACOG is powered by Devil's magic and does not use baterries but has a lifetime of 10-15 years. Ok...it may not be magic, it's tritium or fiber optic stuff. All 3 brands are combat proven and reputible trainers and gunfighters highly recommend them.

James

Staff member
The ACOG is powered by Devil's magic and does not use baterries but has a lifetime of 10-15 years. Ok...it may not be magic, it's tritium or fiber optic stuff.
It's probably something similar to the stuff that powers the night sights on my G27.

night_sight.jpg

so this is my ar-15 lmt. dust cover, crome line barrel, and forward assist. mag pull front heat cover, afg magpul, and a magpul butt stock! my baby!! photo.JPG

mtac1x4x24.jpg

I use the Burris as it can be used several ways, with a lighted optical or not.