4 Stroke 2013 KTM 500EXC

I went with Unabiker radator guards they fit well only some minor trimming to plastic. They are a full cage front & side and cost $99.00
The build quality of these are really nice:prof:
That fan should be running all day with those huge cages wrapped around those radiators. :smirk:

So where is the KTM gear? Come on dude you gotta step it up. I see all of the red Honda gear in your pictures. That's gotta be fixed. :prof:

Wondering what you did on the suspension and if it was bottoming out with the stock suspension like mine? I am probably 250 all in with a full water bag in my pack....I ride fairly heavy being about 225 in my gym clothes. Love my 500, but want to fix the bottoming without losing the smooth ride through the whoops and smaller hits. Nice thread:) I have been blinging mine up too slowly, but having the time of my life riding with my pals this time of year is the best!

Wondering what you did on the suspension and if it was bottoming out with the stock suspension like mine? I am probably 250 all in with a full water bag in my pack....I ride fairly heavy being about 225 in my gym clothes. Love my 500, but want to fix the bottoming without losing the smooth ride through the whoops and smaller hits. Nice thread:) I have been blinging mine up too slowly, but having the time of my life riding with my pals this time of year is the best!

Welcome to DBA! :salute:

Get out your owners manual. The 500 had three settings on the suspension - soft, standard, and sport. I'd suggest going to sport mode for starters. If that doesn't work good enough you will have to respring for your weight.

Welcome to DBA! :salute:

Get out your owners manual. The 500 had three settings on the suspension - soft, standard, and sport. I'd suggest going to sport mode for starters. If that doesn't work good enough you will have to respring for your weight.

Thanks for the welcome and reply! I had set everything at the manuals suggested "Sport" settings, but that was how I started. I just went more aggressive on everything for now, and hope it will work better. After more research, as you say, the re-valving seems inevitable......which is no surprise really. I still haven't even re-sprung anything hoping that the stock equipment would have worked.....NOT! It's a plush ride for sure...make no doubt......but unless it's intended for all fire road and moderate enduro use, it needs heavier springs and setup for riders over 165....and I am 225 dry. My buddy took a turn on it last weekend and he's very aggressive rider weighing 175 and even he bottomed it out on a moderate jump. He loved it, but was surprised at the bottoming out moment.