4 Stroke 2013 KTM 500EXC

You need a few more things....
IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1425_zps7c39483e.jpg

IMG_1772_zps2c56f1f4.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

Wow, that mirror is quite nifty.

The dealer I bought it from loaded the XCW map for me.
It still started like crap and just didn't run right until I put the Pro Moto Billet end cap on the pipe.
That made a world of difference.

Starting issues plus running issues and an end cap fixed all that :confused:

I would take it to the dealer if you had those problems. Starting issue might be due to a weak battery as my 13 exc would lag it sometimes and it turned out the stock battery sucked. Have a Shorai lipo battery now and it starts first crank.

Starting issues plus running issues and an end cap fixed all that :confused:
I would take it to the dealer if you had those problems.

I did take it back to the dealer because it was hard to start and would flame out.
The 1st time they re-mapped it and it still ran like crap.
I brought it back a 2nd time and they recommended a new pipe to let the bike breath since it's already been de-smogged and comes so lean from the factory to pass CARB.
I cheaped out and just put a new end cap on and I haven't had one flameout since and it starts great now.
So yes, starting issues plus running issues and an end cap fixed all that.
I was ready to buy the JD Tuner or do the "magic mod" from these guys ----> http://bestdualsportbikes.com/dual-sport-bikes/2012-2013-ktm-500-exc but luckily, a $130 end cap worked!

Yeah, I have heard that if you want to de-smog these things, you need to take them to the dealer and have the ECU re-programmed.:noidea:

To be honest, I didn't notice any difference in power.
It's louder so it sounds faster :lol:
Like I said above, it breaths better which stopped the flame outs and made starting it a non issue.

From what I have been reading getting the bike remapped to the XCW mapping is the way to go.
De-smogging will help but the bike will still be lean and will load up at low speeds and flame out at times.
With the XCW mapping people are uncorking the stock pipes or adding a aftermarket pipe, once this is done all the people posting are reporting the bike runs very well and smooth. :ride:

Some dealers do not have anything to do with remapping the bikes because of Cailf. smog.:naughty:

From what I have been reading getting the bike remapped to the XCW mapping is the way to go.
De-smogging will help but the bike will still be lean and will load up at low speeds and flame out at times.
With the XCW mapping people are uncorking the stock pipes or adding a aftermarket pipe, once this is done all the people posting are reporting the bike runs very well and smooth. :ride:

Some dealers do not have anything to do with remapping the bikes because of Cailf. smog.:naughty:

Exactly! :thumb: