125 2001 YZ125

Hey just want to give a big thanks to all for the help with this project. The kiddo rode it for the first time today and loves his new dirtbike.
I rode it as well for just a minute and it feels like it should be faster. After listening to it I'm considering dropping the needle 1 clip position. It sounds kinda 'boogery' to me (sounds like someone blowing their nose) in the mid-range, not too bad though. The spark plug center elctrode is a brownish color, but the bottom threads are wet. I dont know if you can hear it in the video below, but if you can and want to comment on it that'd be cool.
20180531_091230.jpg

Gonna keep riding for sure. And he's chomping at the bit now. We were only out for about two hours yesterday, first time in a couple months for him, and he rode better than he ever has. Was fast. He's never done those little burnouts before and was having a good time. Drifting he calls it.
He told me afterwards the bigger tires made the difference. Wants to go to the track this weekend.

He needs to open it up and do a couple ride bys, that way it will clean up a little a run like a champ. Can’t remember what I put in the 01, but I did change the PV/Gov spring because 01 is diff from 00 and 02-04. Same engine tho.

We went to the track and he opened her up. He's like a different rider now. Faster, smoother. I'm kinda surprised, but he ripped it pretty good.
Then he crashed, bent the shit out of the clutch lever, then broke the gear shifter somewhere inside the right side case I think.
Day over.
But what a great day!
Now its time to watch some MX in Colorado.

I've heard about this PV spring thing. Need to look into it more. Supposed to give more power at the bottom end???

Last edited:
We went to the track and he opened her up. He's like a different rider now. Faster, smoother. I'm kinda surprised, but he ripped it pretty good.
Then he crashed, bent the shit out of the clutch lever, then broke the gear shifter somewhere inside the right side case I think.
Day over.
But what a great day!
Now its time to watch some MX in Colorado.

I've heard about this PV spring thing. Need to look into it more. Supposed to give more power at the bottom end???

Moto dad advice:
Asv levers clutch and brake. Sunline shifter and brake pedal. Radiator braces and renthal 1”1/8 bars.
The initial cost is a bit much but when you buy 5 or 6 replacement levers within a couple weeks or a set of rads then you are ahead of the game.

Moto dad advice:
Asv levers clutch and brake. Sunline shifter and brake pedal. Radiator braces and renthal 1”1/8 bars.
The initial cost is a bit much but when you buy 5 or 6 replacement levers within a couple weeks or a set of rads then you are ahead of the game.
:hifive: Buy cheap buy twice , worth the extra dosh!:ride:

Moto dad advice:
I’ve broken/bent ASV. I suggest the cheap wrap around bark busters.