125 2001 YZ125

Got the shock taken care of, parts ordered.
At this point all I need to do is oil the air filter, add some gas, and fire it up. But I want to address the not entirely necessary things that I skipped until now.

Like radiators.

Anyone got any decent info on radiators? Aftermarket, or possibly repairing them?
I can get a set on eBay for $80.00 delivered, but they're made in China. Lots of different ones available that all look the same for that price.
A new OE set is $270.

Oem is best but radiator shops still exist.
Call this guy. One of the best. https://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

Got the shock taken care of, parts ordered.
At this point all I need to do is oil the air filter, add some gas, and fire it up. But I want to address the not entirely necessary things that I skipped until now.

Like radiators.

Anyone got any decent info on radiators? Aftermarket, or possibly repairing them?
I can get a set on eBay for $80.00 delivered, but they're made in China. Lots of different ones available that all look the same for that price.
A new OE set is $270.

GPI are perfectly fine. Almost equal to Mylers at 300 bucks. I have both, have used both, and there is no problems with the china grow.

I ran oversize China ones on the '07 with zero problems.

Yep, have them on the Husqvarna TE. Zero issues.

Thanks! That inspires some confidence while shopping. I have heard of the brands you guys listed, but not of Myler.
As it is right now the left tank is bent and its bending the new plastic guard I have for it, but it'll work for the first weekend of riding/testing/tuning, hopefully this weekend with the bambino. Got the new skins put on yesterday, carb all nice and shiny (on the inside too), just gotta install the air filter and reline the seat.
And bonus - It's only supposed to be 100 on Saturday :thumb:.

Heres a drag - that fargin desert tank looks stupid AF. Dammit I wish I wouldn't have lost the tank on the highway that day :doh:.

I drill a hole, weld a bolt, and remove. Easier then pissing around like that.

I have a set of Irwin extractors that work excellent for that problem.

I also use to cut a straight edge through it, and use my impact. Welding was just easier.

I'm just surprised that someone decided it needed to be that tight. The hex was stripped when it arrived, but I tried the wrench, then the socket, then the impact, then the vice-grip, finally the chisel. Next time I'll try the mig.

This is why I do all my own oil changes on all of my vehicles, even though I hate doing it. I see more estimates for oil pans due to "stripped" drain plug threads than anything else around here.

Most of the time it is because the washer was not changed with each change. The fiber washer is a torque once deal. I get them from Toyota, same on all the newer 22R engines.

Most of the time it is because the washer was not changed with each change. The fiber washer is a torque once deal. I get them from Toyota, same on all the newer 22R engines.

Newer? That engine has been out of production for over 20 years. But for an old fart like you I guess 8 track tapes and cheese in a can are in that catagory as well

Newer? That engine has been out of production for over 20 years. But for an old fart like you I guess 8 track tapes and cheese in a can are in that catagory as well
Yah, the 22R was as old in my 91. But um, I remember 4 track tapes Steve, I am that old. In fact, I still have a car 8 track tape/radio in a box in my shed. I am pretty sure it still works, but I don't have any tapes to verify. Can I borrow your ABBA? :thumb:

Yah, the 22R was as old in my 91. But um, I remember 4 track tapes Steve, I am that old. In fact, I still have a car 8 track tape/radio in a box in my shed. I am pretty sure it still works, but I don't have any tapes to verify. Can I borrow your ABBA? :thumb:

You made my point....as far as borrowing you my tape, I've got a 500 mile trip to a Bette Midler fan club movie thon next weekend, I'll need some kickin' road tunes, so no dice.