125 2001 YZ125

Is that a DS tire then?
Looks way more aggressive than what we are allowed here.
It is rated DOT so it can be a legal tire on dual sports.
I wouldnt run that on the street.
I would, any day of the week. I sure the hell wouldn't put it to a street bike. But a dual sport intended for little street to connect trails, is not a knee dragging cornering tire for sure.
I have ran aggressive knobbies on all my DS bikes for 500cc down, and never had one slide out from under me in a corner.
The compound on this tire feels pretty even across the carcass. This little 125 bike will not see asphalt, but if it feels good in hard pack, the $55 dollar price tag might be worth a shot on the Beta, YZWR, WR dual sports.

It is rated DOT so it can be a legal tire on dual sports.

I would, any day of the week. I sure the hell wouldn't put it to a street bike. But a dual sport intended for little street to connect trails, is not a knee dragging cornering tire for sure.
I have ran aggressive knobbies on all my DS bikes for 500cc down, and never had one slide out from under me in a corner.
The compound on this tire feels pretty even across the carcass. This little 125 bike will not see asphalt, but if it feels good in hard pack, the $55 dollar price tag might be worth a shot on the Beta, YZWR, WR dual sports.

Yeah, I use my DR for street only so...
Mostly because we have ZERO off-road trails here.

Aim for the curb...you're on a dirt bike, the curb is your berm...:smirk:

We have no curbs either except in culd-de-sacs. I clipped one when I was 12 on my sisters moped that I swiped from her while she was at work..... so she could pay for the moped that she bought :smirk:

Sweet. I guess since its a fatty it just makes the rim look smaller.

I still have a 20 inch rim that I have had since 2001. I wish there were some tires made for it. On a cr it was very good all around and was excellent for fire roading. Real hard to bend.

I still have a 20 inch rim that I have had since 2001. I wish there were some tires made for it. On a cr it was very good all around and was excellent for fire roading. Real hard to bend.
J&P has some 20" tires for sale. I think they are chenchin or something.

I tried some. Dunlop used to sell them and were decent. My son tried the wheel tire combo, but only liked it in rocks. He bent lots of rims, but never did that one. I think it had good potential for dual sport.

Last edited:
I tried some. Dunlop used to sell them and were decent. My son tried the wheel tire combo, but only liked it in rocks. He bent lots of rims, but never did that one. I think it had good potential for dual sport.
I remember Ty Davis was running a 20" on his race bikes back when he was a full time dez racer.

Update on the 125 -
Got the cylinder back from re-plate, installed with new ProX piston. She's nice and tight.
I have new a fork rebuild kit, with new fork protector guides, and new graphics.
2 new tires, tubes, rim strips, rim-locks.
I still need to hit he 'send' button on my RMATV account to get the new reeds, kill-switch, and radiator guards. Probably do that this weekend, just trying not to forget anything.
New grips, seat cover, gaskets, oil, etc.
Carb is still in the dip tank but will come out tonight and get new parts. Do you guys lube the slide?

Is the rustoleum bbq grill paint any good for expansion pipes?
100_3301r.JPG

Last edited:
Update on the 125 -
Got the cylinder back from re-plate, installed with new ProX piston. She's nice and tight.
I have new a fork rebuild kit, with new fork protector guides, and new graphics.
2 new tires, tubes, rim strips, rim-locks.
I still need to hit he 'send' button on my RMATV account to get the new reeds, kill-switch, and radiator guards. Probably do that this weekend, just trying not to forget anything.
New grips, seat cover, gaskets, oil, etc.
Carb is still in the dip tank but will come out tonight and get new parts. Do you guys lube the slide?

Is the rustoleum bbq grill paint any good for expansion pipes?
View attachment 31719

That’s a pc pipe?
Brillo pad, PB blaster and some elbow grease.