125 2001 YZ125

:prof: I have used busters for years on all our bikes. And the kooks that run them hi are asking for a busted wrist. If you run them low, and your levers at you comfy level, you will never get a wrist past the lever to get between them. I’ve seen more boots and arms get stuck between wheel and swing arm or fork, than people getting busted wrists. :doh:

I have been worried about breaking my wrist since putting on my hand guards. Had a very good go over the bar land on my head incident with no wrist injury at all. I am with Palmer, I think it is the way you set them up.

:prof: I have used busters for years on all our bikes. And the kooks that run them hi are asking for a busted wrist. If you run them low, and your levers at you comfy level, you will never get a wrist past the lever to get between them. I’ve seen more boots and arms get stuck between wheel and swing arm or fork, than people getting busted wrists. :doh:
I have been worried about breaking my wrist since putting on my hand guards. Had a very good go over the bar land on my head incident with no wrist injury at all. I am with Palmer, I think it is the way you set them up.

You can keep those bark busters. Ain’t no good coming from them. Run mud guards instead because if you hit a tree big enough and hard enough to bust a lever you are going to the ER anyway.

You can keep those bark busters. Ain’t no good coming from them. Run mud guards instead because if you hit a tree big enough and hard enough to bust a lever you are going to the ER anyway.
I don’t run them to save levers from trees, but knuckles from scrub brush in the desert, and tip overs/crashes for levers. When you run them low, it pushes pucker brush under the bar, and away from you hands. Not many trees in SoCal.
Hey Mike, Phuck off.. :P
@Mihylo33

I don’t run them to save levers from trees, but knuckles from scrub brush in the desert, and tip overs/crashes for levers. When you run them low, it pushes pucker brush under the bar, and away from you hands. Not many trees in SoCal.
Hey Mike, Phuck off.. :P
@Mihylo33

I talk to you and 5 other people on a daily basis. There for I am constantly phuching off. :smirk:

Have a get off at speed in the desert and besides the levers that will be replaced , you’ll be replacing those mud guards also.

Have a get off at speed in the desert and besides the levers that will be replaced , you’ll be replacing those mud guards also.

If I have a get off at speed in the desert I’m gonna be more worried about busting my hip than mud guards.
I’m thinking you just wanted me to talk about getting off...:wink:

You can limp back relatively easy with a busted wing, if your levers/perches, throttle assembly/grips, and not to mention your "mud guards", aren't arranged for a yard sale at the point of impact.

Edit: But if you want to Get Off, we could do a ride to Pahrump. :wink:

Okay, summer is finally over and its time to ride again!.
So lets rewind to the last time he rode it, at the track in the video above. That day he layed it over, and it didn't move well afterwards. After we got it home I found the shift lever was stripped out so I assumed that was it. So couple weeks ago I ordered a new one and installed it, but it still doesn't move.

Maybe he burnt the clutch that day ????

I got the clutch cover off now and am not seeing anything obviously wrong, need some of y'alls expertise here...

So lets rewind to the last time he rode it, at the track in the video above. That day he layed it over, and it didn't move well afterwards. After we got it home I found the shift lever was stripped out so I assumed that was it. So couple weeks ago I ordered a new one and installed it, but it still doesn't move.

I got the clutch cover off now and am not seeing anything obviously wrong, need some of y'alls expertise here...

Nah. He may have jammed it. From the clutch side you should be able to see the backside of the shifter rod. Tap it towards the left foot peg.

2EBDB51D-FD7B-4D97-A0AB-BC44B390F482.jpeg

Symptoms?

When the clutch smokes, it leaves no doubt......the oil will have a strong burnt smell.

C'mon now Mike, I'm a professional, the fridge is rarely out of beer.
When dropped into 1st it barely makes the bike move, like walking speed is all it will do. No other gear changes help. Clutch lever pull felt normal, wasn't squishy or anything. It just doesn't go.

Friction plates are all within spec and dont smell burnt.

Last edited: