Other 1999 WR400F

So I'm thinking the new parts aren't gonna work, but I need to be sure, so I took a short video of me running the bike through the gears.
I know in the past large pics were an issue, but it seems the site has been doing videos lately too, yes?
If so, how do I post it here for you to view it?
Is it possible to embed?

Last edited:
So I'm thinking the new parts aren't gonna work, but I need to be sure, so I took a short video of me running the bike through the gears.
I know in the past large pics were an issue, but it seems the site has been doing videos lately too, yes?
Is it possible to embed?

I post great videos..... Right Nedge? :devil:

Is it possible to embed?

Whats the problem?

I was thinking there was a way to upload a video here since I thought I had seen some recently, but apparently not.
So I uploaded to YT.
I'm still diagnosing the trans issue. I'm not sure if installing the new OE parts I have is gonna help.
Check out the video and let me know you think;
https://youtu.be/zs2IdMvPS24

No oil lubricating the transmission, no force/drag on the clutch basket.
Pour a little oil in the transmission.
Have Jr (or you), keep a little drag force on the clutch basket shaft (first gear shaft) and do the same thing changing through the gears.

SRAD97750

Staff member
The engine drives the transmission most of the time. You're driving the transmission with the rear wheel.
If you're worried about it needing to be 'touched' before it shifts, the clutch basket and engine do alot of 'Touching' while the engine is running.
Everything seems perfectly normal to me.
-BIG DAN:thumb: