250 1988 yz250 build

I have a few hard to replace needles that would remind you of the horns on some of those african antelope/deer. kudus or whatever. so far none of them have caused a problem with sticking. however if you go to carbpartswarehouse.com you can probably get an equivalent needle. it wont have the same part number as yamaha and the rest spec'd their own. but it will function just dandy. you can ask them if you need to make any other changes as far as position or main jet/pilot to get the same overall jetting profile. if not just get it as straight as you can and give it a try is my suggestion.

Remove the needle and there will be some numbers on it near the clip.
Then go to sudco.com. Purchase needle and then once delivered install it. :thumb:
Just checked the number and its 6F62. I looked there and a few other places and found nothing. I'm still researching

I have a few hard to replace needles that would remind you of the horns on some of those african antelope/deer. kudus or whatever. so far none of them have caused a problem with sticking. however if you go to carbpartswarehouse.com you can probably get an equivalent needle. it wont have the same part number as yamaha and the rest spec'd their own. but it will function just dandy. you can ask them if you need to make any other changes as far as position or main jet/pilot to get the same overall jetting profile. if not just get it as straight as you can and give it a try is my suggestion.
Alright I'm trying to figure out what needle would be my best option

Alright I finally found the needle! But the price is $98.45!!!!!! That much for a needle????? Really not sure if I should do that or not... Anyone have ideas