150miles and no Slash X burger to celebrate RR

These are my last two pictures I took. Rez is heading over to talk story to Tim and Tim was telling him to get on his bike or we are going in the store to get some Vagasil for his sore mangina.
DSC07511.jpg

And my fueled steed ready for more. With Jr. Jr. in the background looking for a reason...
DSC07512.jpg

We booked it as fast as Rez could but as you know we didn't make it for burgers at the X. I think after the Pet/Canyon there was a slowness to the oldest and youngest of the group as it seemed they road together most of and the rest of the day. I was trying to keep mutual ground by staying somewhat in the middle of Tim/Trav and Jr.Jr./Rez. I ran third all day except for a little out after the Husky. I always try and stay close to my kid when they come along for the ride. To be third or fight for second is just too dusty. I stayed far enough off the dust.
Rez, It was great to meet you and you are a great guy. Hope you don't hurt to bad. :smirk:
Tim, as usual, great ride even if we didn't do the exact trails you had in your head. Good to see you again. :thinking:
Trav, good to see you again also. you have gotten faster since the last time I saw you. :thumb:
As for me and Jr.Jr. we shall see you at the LPNF ride in two weeks. :banana:

:prof: Just so "EVERYONE" knows... :prof:

It was not Rez's, Jr.Jr., Travis, Tim or my fault that the ride didn't produce the Burger we had dreamed of in our heads when we left the staging area. I would say it was just the fun and extra miles we had hanging out with each other and loosing track of the day. And of course the cook had a date and stopped cooking at the /X early. :rant: Now that the kids are taking over the facility I am not to sure of it's future. Brian was the businessman in the family. Time will tell and I hope the future is good.

was kind of eary seeing the tailgate of the truck in slash x. I didnt feel right going up and taking a pic of it. also hearing the story from that lady about the crash was :cry:

yea video dont really tell. Ive rode on dunes before and something about this sand makes it different. its finer or more powdery or something cause it was slow
Did a 130 miler up in Mammoth a couple summers ago. That ground up very fine sand from the decomposed pumice was worse than any sand the dez has to offer. :prof: