150miles and no Slash X burger to celebrate RR

So, me and P841JrJr join up and the boys were there already. Meet time was 8:30 and my timing put me at the staging area at 8:26 according to my clock. So we geared up and were ready for the adventure of 2:00pm at the /X for burgers.
The staging area and geared up riders.
DSC07476.jpg

DSC07477.jpg

The ride was fast paced to make it the X in time so photos are of the stops we took. Here are my bridge pictures.
Notice the Husky line up. :thumb: Jr.Jr. was on the TE250 for the big tank, then Rez and ED, then my TE450 in back. Being it was a ride to the Husky and back we had to out weigh the other brads. :smirk:
DSC07478.jpg

DSC07479.jpg

WOW! All I can say is that sand river was DEAP. This is a photo looking back to see if Rez was out there in the bushes?
DSC07480.jpg

This is Rez looking back and asking or pleading, "Please, that was the worst of it right?" I was looking at it like one of those sand scorpions from Transformers was going to come out of it, so I booked it across as fast as my fat as could get me. "Very slow" It was literally lean forward and plow, lean back and dig, you had to pump your bike it was so deep.
DSC07483.jpg

Jr.Jr had to pull his shirt off because he roosted himself. This is the look he gave for the self family portrait.
DSC07481.jpg

We noticed Rez had very low air in his front and the next stop was Hinkly for Gas and Air.
More to come.

So lets just get this clear. The weather was absolutely PERFECT! Light wind and not more than 85 deg. I would say all day.
we get to the gas stop and fork up a total of about 23.00 bucks for all the bikes and Rez's 1 gallon plate tank. :shocked:
We all gathered around and no air was available.
DSC07484.jpg

Rez couldn't get his second wind/CO2 pump to work so Tim showed us his stroking skills. :smirk: :lol:
DSC07486.jpg

Hey Tim, You are pretty good at that. :smirk: He said he has had plenty of practice.
DSC07485.jpg

Next stop was the shade tree after the Lake Bed run. Hey Rez, are you doing ok?
DSC07487.jpg

Ok, lets get it going to the Husky.
DSC07488.jpg

Next stop, Husky Monument/Fallen Rider monument.

Looks like a good ride. I was out there the same day, don't know how I didn't see ya. I would like to tag along with ya again Timoyz. In November I'm off Sundays.:ride:

Looks like a good ride. I was out there the same day, don't know how I didn't see ya. I would like to tag along with ya again Timoyz. In November I'm off Sundays.:ride:

Sounds good.:thumb: I'm on a Sunday/Monday weekend schedule, so that will work out good. Wedidn't see one other bike all day. Side by sides at the Husky, quads in Stoddard, and Harleys at the X.

speaking of did you hear the harley guy say " i bet i could beat them in a race" when we left? :lol: i told him lets get on dirt and ill race ya :P

So now we get to the "circle of fallen riders" that was started by a family and friends who cemented a 390 Husky into the ground at the spot that Jim Erickson loved to ride. (Well, you can read about the story if you would like to. Anyways, it always trips me out when I show up and new stuff is there. Many people have taken the remains and stories to the site and left a momentum of some sort.
DSC07489.jpg

DSC07490.jpg

Jr.Jr. decided he wanted to try out the feel of a air cooled 390 after ride the water cooled 250 all the way there.
DSC07491.jpg

I told him it was not going to get him very far. I think he cold really feel the love that the late Jim had riding that bike all over the Desert back in the day.
DSC07492.jpg

There are a few tool boxes out there and new stuff to check out all the time. I think some of it is just strange.
DSC07494.jpg

Joe had found a headless barbie man doll in this one and a bottle of some sort. There was Jaegermeister bottles in others that lead us into a whole new discussion.
DSC07496.jpg

Looking back at doobie bench. :wave:
DSC07498.jpg

Next stop is the Cave of Wonders...What? Wrong story..Petroglyph Canyon.

if you open up that red tool box there is lots of laminated news paper articles about how that vet was murdered by some POS looser. lots of pics of him with family and serving our great country :salute: RIP Trevor Neiman

New stuff in Petroglyph Canyon just is not a cool thing. It is cool to sit and think about the harsh life that was had by the inhabitants that carved out the strange things on the rocks. Some you can see what they are and others are just strange. Random shots for you to figure out what they are.
DSC07499.jpg

DSC07500.jpg

DSC07505.jpg

DSC07507.jpg

DSC07510.jpg

Here is Mr. Lizard chilling on the rock before he makes his move.
DSC07502.jpg

He stopped for a pose before heading into the crevices of safety.
DSC07503.jpg

Jr.Jr. and Trav taking in the views and scribbles.
DSC07500.jpg

Rez and Tim Chilling and talking story.
DSC07508.jpg

Jr.Jr. and Trav chilling and talking story.
DSC07509.jpg

Next up is gas in Barstow.