Why is Third Gear the best gear for most situations

Husky sold that to anyone. It was a dual range selector. Pretty cool actually. Hard to find now.
he made it sound as though he was testing it... he wasn't too sure how it was going to work so "maybe" it hit the market after he used it and probably won! :thumb:

yeah, it was actually already here by the time he used it. wasn't a fast sell. they sent it in 360 too. the japanese had been doing it with trail bikes like honda, kaw, and suzuki already.

the price of a SH is wayyyy too high for any stinkin dirt bike, I don't care if it took 2 bikes to make it.

My feeling as well. It's a way to mourn the loss, I supose. The only ones I was on that were SH were the ones put into the 2 stroke frames. The vibration was grim.

By the time you are done, with suspension, adding a larger tank, skid plate & guards, and some other added features, you are well over the $20k. Yeah, I don't care who you are, that is not worth it.
Yeah, minimum for me
Suspension Revalve-$550
Stabilizer-$550
Larger Tank-$250
Skid plate, radiator braces- $150

spend more on the bike than you would a new pick up.

I've several cars/truks and also several dirt bikes. I've only once purchased a new dirt bike and once a Toyota 4x4 . The dirt bike cost more. OK the truck was an 89 and the bike a 2012 Beta, but still...

The topic? Oh yea, the topic. Third might be the most used an a MX track, but the gear selection is really dictated by the exact terrain you are riding. On my favorite trails I almost never get out of first.

Last edited:
13513-05-3.jpg

122-1112-01-z+norstar-trans-am-boots-by-axo+.jpg
legit