Why GoPro is the best out there.

@Travace: Apparently, you got your head "eripped" off at some point.

My point is that all military use the Contour HD. For that reason, I like it better than the Toaster! Think about it...It has got to be better than the Go-Pro, or they would not be using it, no?

My point is.... All military DO NOT use Countour HD...

That is not a fact at all and they dont issue contours to troops either. go ahead and search it ... you can find gopro footage of gun fights ...you can also find contour. The .gov does not issue these cameras but they are allowed to have things sent to them and what not. so some troops have em.

besides the whole argument of if the soldiers dont use them then they must not be as good for riding a dirtbike is highly retarded to begin with. FFS :picard: if oyu want more mount options and better quality with better options on the camera and better accessory's get the gopro. if you dont give a shit about any of that and just want a set it and forget it camera guy a contour. its simple what do YOU want.

@all: Trav is just a good guy to bust balls with! Fun, and actually amusing most times! Kudos!

@Travace: Apparently, you got your head "eripped" off at some point.

My point is that all military use the Contour HD. For that reason, I like it better than the Toaster! Think about it...It has got to be better than the Go-Pro, or they would not be using it, no?
LMAO seriously dude? for that reason you like it better then the "toaster" as you call it? you do know that you are wrong right? you do know that the statement you made is 100% false right? way to make a point of view off of false statements

and you still fail to get the concept that just because the military uses something does not make it a better product for a dirt bike rider.

Trav, you are a good guy, but don't give me that "LMAO" crap! Seriously, c'mon! You do see our troupes using the Contour HD for a damn good reason other than the Go Pro. Why? Because it is the best for the situation. It survives better, and makes the best films! Have you ever seen a Marine or Army man with a Go-Pro on his head in battle? Never! It's the same reason we shoot better guns than they do, we are better trained, and kick their ass! We equip our men with the best stuff available! I digress, look at any serviceman and see what he has on his helmet. It's a Contour HD. Not a target in the form of a toaster sitting high on his head. Nuff said!

i am LMAO because you continue to spew misinformation and you are still doing so...

do you even read what anyone is posting in here. here i will make it clear for you.

Contour is not the only camera troops can use and the gov does NOT issue them to the soldiers.

best for the situation.... not always.
survives better.... emily is proof that is not true
makes best films ..... thats 100% not true Gopro is better quality.
have i seen a marine or army man with a go-pro on his head in battle..... yes i have and GoPro even makes the attachment for their helmets.

Once again get your facts straight before posting next time.

edit.. holy shit would you look at THAT>..

NVGMount.jpg

lets be honest here... for video quality the gopro has a slight edge, but for looks and features(like GPS) the contour is better. not only that but the contour doesn't seem to be as likely to get ripped off your head in the woods, or rip you off the bike... I also like how the contour has a metal body, while the gopro is just flimsy plastic...

But really, this thread is now just(or already was at the beginning) a brand whore thread. Like Yammy versus Honda except in this fight there isn't a clear winner because there isn't a HUGE difference in performance of either...

lets be honest here... for video quality the gopro has a slight edge, but for looks and features(like GPS) the contour is better. not only that but the contour doesn't seem to be as likely to get ripped off your head in the woods, or rip you off the bike... I also like how the contour has a metal body, while the gopro is just flimsy plastic...

But really, this thread is now just(or already was at the beginning) a brand whore thread. Like Yammy versus Honda except in this fight there isn't a clear winner because there isn't a HUGE difference in performance of either...

i understand peoples concerns about the gopro being ripped off. like it was stated tho they are strong... really strong... it will pulol you off of your bike before it ripps off your helmet.

also the gopro plastic is far from flimsy. i had a few mounts break because of my own fault and the gopro went flying off.. few scratches but otherwise great.

personally i could care less what other people use but when i see misinformation being put out there i like to clarify for people who are trying to maybe decide still.

:lol: This is a great thread......:thumb: I use an Epic, because it is simple and works fine for me. I did not like the GoPro sticking up the way it did and Yes, you cannot have a GoPro mounted to your head and go through tight trees or over grown shrubs without getting your head pulled back or the GoPro getting pushed back so you are filming the sky. I am not a fan of mounting it anywhere else, so again not for me. GoPro has come a long way and the quality is outstanding, but GoPro is only the best to the people who have them and like them. I think my Geo Metro is the best car ever made..:smirk:

Oh here is one for Trav and Buck.....
Army-Medic-Puts-the-Action-in-Action-Camera-Military_ia-er_0.jpg

What do you see mounted to this Army Medic's Chest?

also im pretty sure its some other system that they been using on the helmets for a long time, look at his helmet.... when you see a contour or gopro its cause the soldier has one... its not part of the government uniforms.

My boy got a GoPro HD for his birthday. Made a couple of videos when we were out in the Jeep. I want to attach it to our helmets so we can shoot some footage of each other riding our bikes but I am not sure what mounts to use. It came with a couple of contoured things that may fit the helmet. Pretty green at this thing. Hey Buck, now I can make some toast. :lol: Any helpful information is always welcome.

James

Staff member
My boy got a GoPro HD for his birthday. Made a couple of videos when we were out in the Jeep. I want to attach it to our helmets so we can shoot some footage of each other riding our bikes but I am not sure what mounts to use. It came with a couple of contoured things that may fit the helmet. Pretty green at this thing. Hey Buck, now I can make some toast. :lol: Any helpful information is always welcome.
The sticky helmet mounts are slightly curved. :thumb: