Why GoPro is the best out there.

No picture, just use a RAM mount. Contour sells a bracket for the rail system that allows one to use a tripod. Then screw in a RAM ball mount into the Contour.

Just like many riders use to mount a GPS.

Rather have cool videos than a supposedly better looking camera. :stirthepot: :smirk:

James, I have no beef with the quality of video and "survivabilty" in most cases. The only beef I have is that if, riding in tight woods, it will snag branches and be torn off, or off the plane of what you want to see! It just seems too vulnerable! I haven't chosen between the Go Pro and the ones that our troops use overseas in battle on their helmets. The fact that they DON'T use Go Pro's leads me to believe they are less suitable in a less than perfect situation. Your response?

James

Staff member
The only beef I have is that if, riding in tight woods, it will snag branches and be torn off, or off the plane of what you want to see! It just seems too vulnerable!
So you've never actually tried it?
I haven't chosen between the Go Pro and the ones that our troops use overseas in battle on their helmets. The fact that they DON'T use Go Pro's leads me to believe they are less suitable in a less than perfect situation. Your response?
I was under the impression that the US Army uses the VIO POV camera system?

http://theviovoice.vio-pov.com/tag/military/
http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/01/09/idUS153375+09-Jan-2008+PRN20080109

mil.jpg

t-pmp.jpg

The fact that they DON'T use Go Pro's leads me to believe they are less suitable in a less than perfect situation. Your response?
That is not a fact at all and they dont issue contours to troops either. go ahead and search it ... you can find gopro footage of gun fights ...you can also find contour. The .gov does not issue these cameras but they are allowed to have things sent to them and what not. so some troops have em.

besides the whole argument of if the soldiers dont use them then they must not be as good for riding a dirtbike is highly retarded to begin with. FFS :picard: if oyu want more mount options and better quality with better options on the camera and better accessory's get the gopro. if you dont give a shit about any of that and just want a set it and forget it camera guy a contour. its simple what do YOU want.

:lol: @ the thought that because the military issued them that they are better :lol: that is the most retarded statement ever

also kinda funny that the rest of the world doesnt have issues with branches tearing gopro's off yet people seem to worry about it.

i can tell you this... i had my gopro on the top of my helmet and it about eripped my head off and almost pulled me off the bike.... mount didnt break.

@Travace: Apparently, you got your head "eripped" off at some point.

My point is that all military use the Contour HD. For that reason, I like it better than the Toaster! Think about it...It has got to be better than the Go-Pro, or they would not be using it, no?

wouldn't it be safe to say that BOTH of these are better than EVERY other camera made? I've been looking at em for a few weeks now and I think these are pretty dead even :thumb: