Why GoPro is the best out there.

James,

It's not about a good looking camera! It's about being survivable! The Contour HD is waaaaaay better than the toaster with a lens sitting in a vulnerable position on top of your head! Think about it. All the armed forces serving overseas use Contour HD cameras! Why? They produce the same quality video without the cumbersome, goofy, toaster-on-top-of-your-head thang! It's still 1080P!

I could never go through the woods with confidence with a bread toaster on my head. It would be peeled off in minutes!

I think the military has their shit together on this one.

Just sayin'
:ride:
did you see emily's contour? It got destroyed! A gopro would have just needed a new case!https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/content/threads/f-contours.4113/

:lol: @ the thought that because the military issued them that they are better :lol: that is the most retarded statement ever

also kinda funny that the rest of the world doesnt have issues with branches tearing gopro's off yet people seem to worry about it.

i can tell you this... i had my gopro on the top of my helmet and it about eripped my head off and almost pulled me off the bike.... mount didnt break.

:lol: @ the thought that because the military issued them that they are better :lol: that is the most retarded statement ever

also kinda funny that the rest of the world doesnt have issues with branches tearing gopro's off yet people seem to worry about it.

i can tell you this... i had my gopro on the top of my helmet and it about eripped my head off and almost pulled me off the bike.... mount didnt break.
I can't run mine on top, because it almost tears my head off! The mount is very strong! We run chin mounts and chest mounts :thumb:

thats what im saying.... those things are strong as hell. anyone who complains about a "toaster" on top getting ripped off by branches is just reaching for a reason to not like the gopro.

James

Staff member
Buck, just because the Contour supposedly works better for the troops doesn't mean it's the best camera for motocross. Same goes for trail riding vs motocross. Since we don't have to worry about branches on the track, mounting it on the top isn't an issue.

I like all the various mounting options the GoPro offers, can you chest mount your Contour? Same with the BacPac's, heck I never use it without the LCD BacPac. :thumb:

Buck, just because the Contour supposedly works better for the troops doesn't mean it's the best camera for motocross. Same goes for trail riding vs motocross. Since we don't have to worry about branches on the track, mounting it on the top isn't an issue.

I like all the various mounting options the GoPro offers, can you chest mount your Contour? Same with the BacPac's, heck I never use it without the LCD BacPac. :thumb:
cant chin mount it either.

No problem mounting the Contour on the front or back of the chest protector.