What did you do to your bike today?

We all care. I have a buddy who had to JB Weld a coin into a spot on his case where a rock broke through it. It is still there today holding steady. I have used the stuff for many things in the past including broken cases and I even had to thread a screw hole for a bolt and it worked great. :thumb: The kids working on the carbs could be tricky, but as long as they know what they are doing all should be good. :devil:

Im going to attempt to JB weld a dime to my clutch cover on the DRZ/SM. I have been taking it off road waaaay too much and have been doing damage. Put a hole in it. I got chewed out for it by my Husband:rolleyes: I cant afford a new cover just yet so Im going to attempt some JB Quick weld that I have in my pack with a coin. Honestly....:thinking:I have always wanted to try this. Just not on the trail in a pinch with people waiting. This hopefully will buy some time and get me back on the road. After my carb is cleaned and rejetted that is. I sure hope my son knows how to do that. He took off my carb and claims he knows how. Im all worried....these bikes are my life, I mean they give me life! Ok, one more cup of coffee...let the "sun" break out.....roll up my sleeves and get busy. I also need to clean the KLX and get some screws for the skid plate too. Oh and some lock tite. Really who gives a crap what Im doing to my bike today?? Im sure nobody but me:P

Hhhm finally got a bike stand so I walked out in the garage and spun the rear tire. :banana: Yeah lame huh! I need to get a rear tire bad. Still need to find the gray wire. :thinking:

Finally got a new head pipe hanger shock absorber. The old one finally broke off. I figure its near 20 years old and I got 3 years of use out of it before it failed.

I did not do anything to my bikes today, but have a message from the shop that I do have something to pick up for the TTR and I did receive a package in the mail for the 450...:thinking: I may have some wrenching to do...:banana:

I have not done anything to my bike today but tomorrow it gets a good cleaning from last weekend so it is ready to go for next weekend. :P A clean bike is a happy bike right? :thinking:

James

Staff member
What did I do to my bike today? Well, I sold it. :cry:
:shocked: WHAT?!

You're going to get one to replace it though, right? Maybe an upgrade to a KX250F? :P

Oh and I went and looked at my bike today, had to go check something on my front sprocket for Trav. :thumb:

:shocked: WHAT?!

You're going to get one to replace it though, right? Maybe an upgrade to a KX250F? :P

Oh and I went and looked at my bike today, had to go check something on my front sprocket for Trav. :thumb:

I don't believe so. It looks like I wont be riding until I get my license (and that's cause I'd be doing it behind my parent's back).
I only got $1000, since the rest was to pay it off even though my Dad took more than he was supposed to get, but oh well. Maybe I can hang onto that money and buy a 2000 CR125 or something.

Upgrade to a Kiwi?? Wait, is that an offer to take yours off your hands? WHY, OF COURSE! :banana:

We all care. I have a buddy who had to JB Weld a coin into a spot on his case where a rock broke through it. It is still there today holding steady. I have used the stuff for many things in the past including broken cases and I even had to thread a screw hole for a bolt and it worked great. :thumb:

+1 on the JB and coinage for carnaige :thumb:

Sun should remember this. :smirk: We were sitting on our bikes to flag riders so they could catch the fork we split to. While waiting, I lost my footing and tipped over onto a pile of rocks, punched a hole in my case. :doh: Sun "Miss Bubblegum" quickly plugged the hole. :clap::lol:

Used JB Weld (mixed a batch on a rock using a twig as a spatula). Thankfully, in addition to the JB, someone had change in their backpack. Took almost 2 hours to dry (wasn't JB Kwik). Held great!! Went two seasons with my lucky penny before replacing with a new cover. Held so well, kept this cover as a spare just in "case." Lesson learned, always carry the right JB and a variety of change, and hope one cent does the fix.

myclutchcovr.jpg