What did you do to your bike today?

Don't forget about estart!
I hear rekluse and I instantly think....
View attachment 29564

Ok put me down as someone who likes that too. If you don't like the idea of being able to do the kind of riding I do, longer, faster and with fewer stalls and getoffs, you won't like the Rekluse or something like it.

hell, you can find things without disk breaks, usd forks, and while we are at it, who needs fuel injection or anything made out of aluminum and lighter stuff like titanium?

basically
be a man
1102.jpg

:lol:

I actually don't really have a great big objection to rekluses, I've thought about them, the price has always driven me away, that and I don't feel like I ride enough of the stuff that makes the rekluse a god send to some people. I want Estart on my next bike but it won't be a deal breaker.

I could only think of how much more vesatile you can make your gearing with the rekluse or similar. In your case, I am not sure you would want the cheaper 3.0 that I got. We also have a zstart pro, and it is bullet proof. I am not as sure that what I put on the yz250 is as stout, and in your case that would be a dnf. Time will tell more about it on a two stroke at least. Next best thing to a wide ratio transmission when talking about cross country and trail though.

Ok put me down as someone who likes that too. If you don't like the idea of being able to do the kind of riding I do, longer, faster and with fewer stalls and getoffs, you won't like the Rekluse or something like it.

hell, you can find things without disk breaks, usd forks, and while we are at it, who needs fuel injection or anything made out of aluminum and lighter stuff like titanium?

It's just taking away one more skill set.
Kind of like when you tell a kid it's ok to run away and be afraid because you made them a "safe zone".
I'll back you on the rekluse as I know you are a little older than me and just want to ride for as long as you can.

traditionalism is the enemy of progress.

I'm personally really glad I don't have to adjust the points on my daily driver every 200 miles.

Yet you continue to go phuch yourself.
The more you change the more you stay the same. Phuch that rekluse until I'm 70..... I'll change then.

Yet you continue to go phuch yourself.
The more you change the more you stay the same. Phuch that rekluse until I'm 70..... I'll change then.
for all 2 rides a year you do? :smirk:

Yes you're right, I'm sure that in 32 when Ford rolled out the flat head v8 there were people who said that inline 6's and inline 8's were still better, just like how in 97 when they got rid of pushrods with the modular there were naysayers and yet here we are.

for all 2 rides a year you do? :smirk:

Yes you're right, I'm sure that in 32 when Ford rolled out the flat head v8 there were people who said that inline 6's and inline 8's were still better, just like how in 97 when they got rid of pushrods with the modular there were naysayers and yet here we are.

Again.... it's a skillset lost. I bet I can still beat 450's to the 1st turn and the second.... then I'm tired.

Today I am shimming the yz250f after almost 20hs since I left them at the top of spec, I expected them to not have moved or tightened up a little. I find all at .05mm loose.

I thought I tapped them pretty good, but must have settled in a bit.

Last edited: