Washes, Slots, Dirty Rags & Sobe bomb Fail RR

Inward to destination..Moon riding....
DSC00010.jpg

T-Hauler in tow..
DSC00011.jpg

Rear seat with the boy sporting his new TLD sweat shirt hoodsy..
DSC00016.jpg

I was copilot for our captain Rez.
DSC00017.jpg

Photobucket is screwing up, more to follow once I sort this out..

Ride master Timoyz pointing the way...
DSC00018-1.jpg

We have landed, taken over the north 40 and are gearing up....
DSC00019-1.jpg

Quick little warm up to Gassy Dome......
DSC00021-1.jpg

Then off to the Artesian Well. Yummy water here, bring the canteen...
DSC00023-1.jpg

DSC00024-1.jpg

Jr. doing his best pose for the ladies....
DSC00027-1.jpg

The line up and Redheads trailer food..
DSC00030-1.jpg

Now that Photofucket started to work for me it is late, my lap top is out of juice and I ma tired heading for bed. More to follow tomorrow. I will leave you with my New Years eave look.
DSC00137.jpg

Nice Palmer.:thumb: I still have 2 days to go, so don't feel bad. I never got to it last night, so we'll give it another go tomorrow.

Wednesday came and Trav showed bright, and early.
New Years OW 2012 055.jpg
TWS not wanting to go home.
New Years OW 2012 054.jpg
We geared up and hit Redheads for breakfast.
New Years OW 2012 059.jpg
Butthead didn't want to wait, and took off before us. :wave: Well, he took a wrong turn, and I waited for him for twenty minutes. Butthead as a nickname just seems to fit.
New Years OW 2012 061.jpg
The gang either eating, or waiting for food.
New Years OW 2012 064.jpg
BH figuring where he made the wrong turn.
New Years OW 2012 062.jpg
We finished up and headed back to gear up for the day, when JrJr wanted to stand in the middle of this track, so Trav could do circles around him.
New Years OW 2012 065.jpg
We hit camp for some necessities, and headed out and around Lakeshore Trail, to find South Sand Dune Wash. I had run it to the highway last year, and wanted to continue farther.
On our way there, Rez found a crack, and we hung around and discussed hairy crevasses.
New Years OW 2012 073.jpg
After a rest there, we made it to the bridge.
New Years OW 2012 080.jpg
JrJr looking for a stand.
New Years OW 2012 081.jpg
Looks like he found one.
New Years OW 2012 084.jpg
The ledge.:smirk:
New Years OW 2012 086.jpg

More Wednesday to come...

I am going to throw it back a day, Tuesday we had hit the Redhead for lunch, this is my photo selection.
The gang..
DSC00031-1.jpg

Is me.. Jr. Jr. actually grabbed the camera and clicked a shot of pops..
DSC00032-1.jpg

We headed back to camp and reved up for another ride but I shot no pictures because we were just having too much fun, (well, I was and I had the camera) :banana: Next up is Wednesday and the Rezice (AKA Crevice) :smirk:

Now as you can see in this photo there are two tracks that go across the Rezice just fine, that would be P841 Jr. Jr. followed by me. It was one of those moment where my but puckered and I just gassed in a leaned back hoping for the best. Timo and Trav went around threw the sand wash the other way. I got up to the top of the ledge an looked back for Rez. I see his helmet and then it disappeared real fast. I looked at Timo and Trav ride off and waited to see if Rez was going to pop up and he didn't. So I shut down and listened for a 4t and there was nothing. I gave Jr. Jr. the sign I was going back and I fired back up and headed over to the ledge and looked, but no Rez. I yelled, "Hey Rez" and all I hear is EEHHHH!!!!!! So I said, Are you ok? and I hear, "come hear"... Well, being a nice guy and see the bike was on him and he was in the crack I opted to help rather than photograph his misfortune. this is the after math....
DSC00037-1.jpg

DSC00038-1.jpg

Being he needed to catch his breath we hung out for a while and Jr. Jr. showed us how he is not a pu$$y like we are at the Geek Slide...
DSC00042-1.jpg

DSC00044-1.jpg

The boys looking on...
DSC00045-1.jpg

The second launch of Jr Jr but this one was caught on film by me...See, he's not a pu$$y but he clapped it against the tank on this one so he said no more. :smirk:
DSC00049-1.jpg

DSC00051-1.jpg

So we are now out in the sun to long and say lets get a move on..
DSC00052-1.jpg

Next Up, Jr. Jr. asked Rez if he could ride the Burg up and out of the wash for him..... :smirk: :shocked:

Now as you can see in this photo there are two tracks that go across the Rezice just fine, that would be P841 Jr. Jr. followed by me. It was one of those moment where my but puckered and I just gassed in a leaned back hoping for the best. Timo and Trav went around threw the sand wash the other way. I got up to the top of the ledge an looked back for Rez. I see his helmet and then it disappeared real fast. I looked at Timo and Trav ride off and waited to see if Rez was going to pop up and he didn't. So I shut down and listened for a 4t and there was nothing. I gave Jr. Jr. the sign I was going back and I fired back up and headed over to the ledge and looked, but no Rez. I yelled, "Hey Rez" and all I hear is EEHHHH!!!!!! So I said, Are you ok? and I hear, "come hear"... Well, being a nice guy and see the bike was on him and he was in the crack I opted to help rather than photograph his misfortune. this is the after math....
DSC00037-1.jpg

DSC00038-1.jpg

Being he needed to catch his breath we hung out for a while and Jr. Jr. showed us how he is not a pu$$y like we are at the Geek Slide...
DSC00042-1.jpg

DSC00044-1.jpg

The boys looking on...
DSC00045-1.jpg

The second launch of Jr Jr but this one was caught on film by me...See, he's not a pu$$y but he clapped it against the tank on this one so he said no more. :smirk:
DSC00049-1.jpg

DSC00051-1.jpg

So we are now out in the sun to long and say lets get a move on..
DSC00052-1.jpg

Next Up, Jr. Jr. asked Rez if he could ride the Burg up and out of the wash for him..... :smirk: :shocked:

I just need to add that the rezice or rezcrack (as TraV called it) wasn't as wide as it it shows in the picture...it appeared to be doable so I did what Palmer did, leaned back and gassed it however the front end came down too soon hitting the far edge causing it to cave in causing my front end to dive in after it HENCE the dump into the crack...the more I tried to pull myself up the more the sides caved in causing a slight bit of panic..."I'm going to be burried alive" :shocked: was goign thru my mind. Many thanks to Palmer for the assist in lifting the Berg out of the crack. :thumb:. As for jr jr "LAUNCHING" off the side into the wash.....AWESOME! :thumb: :banana: if he didn't have big balls before, he does now after slapping them on the tank......:foul:....:smirk:.....:thumb: way to go Joe!

:thumb: I have to say, this thread and Ride Report is one of the most AWESOME ones I have ever seen! :hail: Took me a half hour to read and look at, and I enjoyed it all! Waaaaay cool and fun to watch! Very entertaining! The GIFS were cool!

This midwestern boy rode OW about 4 years ago, so it's cool to see you guys in places that I recognize and had a great time in myself! Too all that contributed, :thumb:

:hail:

I just need to add that the rezice or rezcrack (as TraV called it) wasn't as wide as it it shows in the picture...it appeared to be doable so I did what Palmer did, leaned back and gassed it however the front end came down too soon hitting the far edge causing it to cave in causing my front end to dive in after it HENCE the dump into the crack...the more I tried to pull myself up the more the sides caved in causing a slight bit of panic..."I'm going to be burried alive" :shocked: was goign thru my mind. Many thanks to Palmer for the assist in lifting the Berg out of the crack. :thumb:. As for jr jr "LAUNCHING" off the side into the wash.....AWESOME! :thumb: :banana: if he didn't have big balls before, he does now after slapping them on the tank......:foul:....:smirk:.....:thumb: way to go Joe!

it wasn't that bad but man that :foul: sure did hurt