Washes, Slots, Dirty Rags & Sobe bomb Fail RR

So a few DBA people had been out in Ocotillo Wells for a few days. first thing i see when i show up to the camp site for the day ride....
2a5eurl.jpg

We all geared up and was off to this little trailer for some breakfast by the old desert rose
2vd20km.jpg

After that it was back to camp to get packs ready for the day ride.
znv2qg.jpg

Timoyz, Palmer84ONE, PalmerJrJr, Rezrider and I took off everything was going great and we were making our way through some washes and a couple small slots when Rez decided to ride his bike into this crack.... we nicknamed it the rezcrack.
k46u1i.jpg

guess he had a pretty good get off so we chilled here for a few mins while he gathered himself. Meanwhile PalmerJr was playing around and Tim and I were playing the Paparazzi
35aw6et.jpg

PalmerJrJr was throwing some sick roost off a hill/cliff thing.
10igynl.jpg

I then took the opportunity to do my impression of a Bryce photo... love how this came out.
vete1w.jpg

Meanwhile PalmerJrJr launches himself off a 10-12 foot cliff landing all the way at the bottom pretty much flatground. never bottomed out... You will have to wait till Palmer84ONE posts the pic he has... i seen it and its really sick. After all that fun watching PalmerJrJr Rez gathered himself and off we went down another slot that lead to this bridge...
v8d8y.jpg

From here to continue on there was two options....
One was to go straight and fly off a 4 foot ledge. I was feeling sketchy about my suspension(i might have done something to it as it feels really soft now) so i didn't want to jump off the ledge so i started looking for the other which brings me to the Second way to go. Second way is to go up and around the ledge via some boulders that had no real line or run up to. I chose the second way and went first cause i thought i spoted a line. Was sketchy but i actually rode up it :rocker: Next up was PalmerJrJr who for some reason didnt want to do the easy launch which was like a 3rd the height he just did and went for the rocky way i did. He failed to commit and started walking the bike up when....
mw9pnc.jpg

which lead to
eiulqs.jpg

Next up is Timoyz showing all us Pussys the easy way to do it...
2508scg.jpg

Next up is Palmer84ONE who shows JrJr how to correctly walk the bike up the rocks.
2ljhmdh.jpg

Now its Rezriders turn. I forgot to mention just getting the bike to the spot to go up was lots of boulders and work.
b7ktvk.jpg

Rez Catching his breath before the attempt to go up while JrJr looks on.
ml1jbs.jpg

So how many guys does it take to get a husaberg up some rocks ?
6rkaxh.jpg

Im gonna follow suit with this report so.....

stay tuned More to come

That wash didnt last much longer then we hit pole line rd and headed towards the Travertine Restaurant. On the way we hit a obstical we had to go through/around. I took the opportunity to do my Timoyz impression this time. those little dots way in the background are Palmer and PalmerJrJr
34j7uhf.jpg

after making it through there we got back on pole line and made it to the Travertine where palmer's kickstand broke.
2comnfk.jpg

Timoyz said to the waiter can i get a rag for this mess on the table... her response was "I will get a towel Rag sounds dirty. Timoys said well im a dirt man :lol: this started one great waiter customer conversations for the rest of the time there
Rezrider ordering a Burger he will never get because we got a pizza instead
2ntff5d.jpg

i think PalmerJrJr is camera shy
2w35q2f.jpg

Palmer wanted to show off his Husqvarna shirt
14y8xzd.jpg

Then being the true asshole to the ass Timoyz had to one up him with his DBA shirt
50l99g.jpg

After the pizza we headed back towards camp with plans to hit up some more washes/slots on the way. We came to a junction where we waited for the whole group... while trying to get going i loose controll run over a bush and get bucked off my bike into the sand... im sure it looked hilarious cause it felt it. Then as we are taking off Rez throws me the no go sign... so i go over to him... Husaberg WONT START :cry: its acting like its out of gas. The funny thing is that with his 2 tank sytem his front tank was close to empty but the back one was almost full. Here is rez with the sad broke bike face
nbxfet.jpg

So guess who gets a tow?
rh74vn.jpg

Now just to clarify.... i only took this picture for the memory's... OHHHHHH the MEMORY'S...
ac4ayt.jpg

After that it was pretty smooth sailing all the way back to camp. Where the Campfire Storys and Shinanigans began... untill butthead had to go and fail at a sobe bomb.. I personally had never seen a sobe bomb before so i thought what happened was normal... and COOL AS HELL!!!!!! He used a gallon wine jug and it didnt shoot flame that motherfucker exploded sending ALL of the firewood all around camp.
bhxeaf.jpg

:lol: i have to admit it was pretty awesome fail. The entire circle looked like a scene out of a bad Vietnam movie.... Well that was it for me... i had to go home after a couple more sobe bombs... 1 failed with no explosion just fire and another worked but it wasnt huge or anything... the first fail was actually pretty epic.

I will work on getting a video up. If my footage is even useable that is.

:clap: Bravo Trav. How did Rez end up in that crack:jawdrop: It must of been the way I talk up the "crack":lol: Now there is Rez crack and Rez rash. Hmmm what's next:thinking: And what's up with that expensive new Hussy? I bet Rez was pissed!

Great pics. It looks like you all had a great time as usual. That Wino explosion:shocked: Gee glad no shrapnel ended up embedded in people. I look forward to your video.

Thanks for sharing your fun:thumb:

i dont know but its under warranty... i would be one pissed off customer thats for sure.

i thought you were heading out there this weekend 530ktm?