Toy Hauler Buyers Tips?

I know a lot of people here in SoCal that would be so happy if storing their rig only cost $70 a month. It can be a lot more than that here.

Travace, if you have to pay to store it run the numbers and see what the total life time cost is going to be. The critical number is how many days per year will you actually use it. You may find that renting one when you need it could save a lot. If it's 10 days a year the numbers say rent, if it's 50 then the result goes to buy. It's something to think about when you will be spending between 1k and 2k per year just to store the thing.
Very true indeed. I use mine maybe 10 times a year but I keep it behind my garage. If I had to pay to store it I would have paid out $11,000 or more by now.

The Search is OVER!!!!!!!!

18ft Kevin Hornby Design Custom Built Trailer.
he took a old frame and built a new trailer.Its pretty minimal... water shower propane heater. no ac no gen and no fridge. All of which are easily added. The vent already has the wiring ran to the vent so id jsut have to drop teh ac unit on. Fridge ill have to figure out a place for and ill just grab a portable gen or maybe some solar panals and go that route. We wont be using this as a home away from home like some of you with bigger rigs. Its basically a portable shitter/shower and a warm place to sleep as well as a trailer to get my toys to the dez. The great thing about it is that its all NEW never before used and i got it under my budget. I just got to find those 3 things on CL and keep under that budget :thumb:
477171_10150770187257480_576492479_9599566_1463813670_o.jpg

413977_10150770188637480_576492479_9599570_480501235_o.jpg

Everything was real clean. Axels and wheels looked good. The top looked good and the seals looked new to me. Everything worked and i didnt notice any leaks anywhere. It has one of them on demand water heaters so no tank that holds the hot water.... im not 100% if this is gonna be a issue with freezing weather or not. ill deal with it when if it happens i guess.

yea just about everyone tells me that. im sure we will but as of now this is perfect for us. its nice on my current truck and fits in my driveway.

yea just about everyone tells me that. im sure we will but as of now this is perfect for us. its nice on my current truck and fits in my driveway.

Perfect for you and your family is all that matters. :thumb: Once again congrats and look forward to camping this fall in the desert.

The Search is OVER!!!!!!!!

18ft Kevin Hornby Design Custom Built Trailer.
he took a old frame and built a new trailer.Its pretty minimal... water shower propane heater. no ac no gen and no fridge. All of which are easily added. The vent already has the wiring ran to the vent so id jsut have to drop teh ac unit on. Fridge ill have to figure out a place for and ill just grab a portable gen or maybe some solar panals and go that route. We wont be using this as a home away from home like some of you with bigger rigs. Its basically a portable shitter/shower and a warm place to sleep as well as a trailer to get my toys to the dez. The great thing about it is that its all NEW never before used and i got it under my budget. I just got to find those 3 things on CL and keep under that budget :thumb:
477171_10150770187257480_576492479_9599566_1463813670_o.jpg

413977_10150770188637480_576492479_9599570_480501235_o.jpg

Everything was real clean. Axels and wheels looked good. The top looked good and the seals looked new to me. Everything worked and i didnt notice any leaks anywhere. It has one of them on demand water heaters so no tank that holds the hot water.... im not 100% if this is gonna be a issue with freezing weather or not. ill deal with it when if it happens i guess.

Nice rig... It says it's new however in the other write up with all the items listed it said a new roof (or coating) was put on... any idea why? As for the on demand water heater... you'll love it just for the fact that it won't keep turning on in during the night when the water cools off. :thumb:

it looked fairly new to me... no cracks in teh sealing or anything like that... :noidea: Rez... maybe he was just trying to make it sound better on CL? its technically not a "NEW" trailer so maybe some of the stuff was salvaged from other things. The things that ARE new tho are all the matting toilet and sinks. My wife is still lysoling everything down. I swear if she had a pool of that stuff she would want to di[ the entire rig.

it looked fairly new to me... no cracks in teh sealing or anything like that... :noidea: Rez... maybe he was just trying to make it sound better on CL? its technically not a "NEW" trailer so maybe some of the stuff was salvaged from other things. The things that ARE new tho are all the matting toilet and sinks. My wife is still lysoling everything down. I swear if she had a pool of that stuff she would want to di[ the entire rig.

Regardless, nice looking rig... should take care of your needs for a while. I won't say you'll out grow it soon... it beats sleeping in a tent on the ground. You can always kick the kids out into the truck.... :devil:

Congrats Travace! You and your family will enjoy it and quickly out grow it. Looks great!

:USA:

Our family has went through 4 different campers in the past 17 years. It happens :lol: that thang is nice though! Congrats, many memories will be made in that beast.