Toy Hauler Buyers Tips?

Trav.. I suggest going on the cheap side if you are just getting into it...
I found an Ultralite camper that sleeps 6 with heat, A/C a stove, fridge and a full bath that I pd 1800 for works perfect for us right now. I'm handy so I was also able to replace all the wheelbearings and adjust the brakes.... the down side of that was it only has 20 gal fresh water and 30 gals of grey water and black water holding tanks.... we never use the poopoo box as it is a hassle to dump. You can haul the camper with your f150 and load the bikes in the bed. I also carry 10 gals of extra fresh water just in case.

Do you need a toyhauler, or can you carry the bikes in the bed of your truck? Regular used trailers are super cheap these days, only drawback is most don't have a generator, but if you can buy a trailer for a couple of grand, and a good generator, you would still be ahead money wise.
Great idea.

One more thing, generators love to be run and used. Alot of hours is better than very few as long as the oil was changed and maintenance was done. I have over 2500 hundred hours on my genny. Maintenance records for everything is important.

One more thing, generators love to be run and used. Alot of hours is better than very few as long as the oil was changed and maintenance was done. I have over 2500 hundred hours on my genny. Maintenance records for everything is important.

We had a 30 gallon fresh water capacity in our old camper, we bought a 30 gallon drum and a pump that we took primitive camping with us to refill our tanks if need be.

where is it and what is he asking?
I am going to see him today or tomorrow and I will get you some details. His trailer has only been used a handful of times and he is meticulous about cleaning and maintaining it. Only reason he is selling it is because his kid is not interested in riding anymore and he sold all his bikes. His wife will not even go camping anymore. :noidea: He needs a new wife and kid. :lol:

I am going to see him today or tomorrow and I will get you some details. His trailer has only been used a handful of times and he is meticulous about cleaning and maintaining it. Only reason he is selling it is because his kid is not interested in riding anymore and he sold all his bikes. His wife will not even go camping anymore. :noidea: He needs a new wife and kid. :lol:

cool. thanks

I'll be his kid :smirk:

how firm are they on the prices listed? cause looking at the San Diego dealer its all 13k and up .... which is a little out of my range

Forget about the website. Call the cell number I gave you and talk to the guy. He is in Fresno and knows what old inventory is still hanging around, and what they can blow out because its been sitting in inventory for too long.

Forget about the website. Call the cell number I gave you and talk to the guy. He is in Fresno and knows what old inventory is still hanging around, and what they can blow out because its been sitting in inventory for too long.
will give him a ring tomorrow and see what he can show me in my budget range

That right there is where the deals lie..:prof: