tires

I was not Huge fan of the MX51's but found them to be a decent tire durability wise. Hooked up well when new but quickly lost its feel and would wash unpredictably in driving turns, usually while under power which was very odd. I mnostly rode on tracks similar to Crow Canyon.

You are gonna get a bunch of different answers here. I run a Pirelli Scorpion in front (first time and really like it, thanks Agent2) and like Cleonard a Pirelli MT-43 in the rear, which is the hybrid trials tire (first time and love it) but it is not for everybody. The MT 43 does like deep mud or sand very much, but excels over the knobbies in the dry west conditions. It also lasts 3 times as long as the Maxxis desert IT's I used to run.:prof:

I run the same thing here in the warm dry months, Pirelli in the rear or a Metzler as opposed to a Maxxis in the rear when wet and snowing.

Another answer that will be all over the place. Me personally 13-14 in front, and 8-10 in rear on my Pirelli MT-43 trials. If I were still running my Maxxis Desert IT in the rear, I would run it about 14-15.

Isn't that a pastry with a cream filling? You do get some opinions on air pressure. Usually the harder the surface, the higher the pressure. Doesnt count when you are trying to run a soft terrain tire on a hard packed surface, but nothing really works with that. I had this guy famous for being able to ride any kind of bike in any kind of race and do really well. (He is also famous for smiles.) We were talking about what pressure to run in the Swedish made Trelleborgs. He showed as that you will be over inflated if you can place the weighted tire on a center knob and not have the knob in front of that knob and the one trailing it to be touching as well. It made sense to me then. The spacing is further on the soft terrain tire than on a hard terrain, and the harder-softer logig made more sense. 40 something years later, it is still a pretty good test that covers things about the sidewall and the rim width as well.

Isn't that a pastry with a cream filling? You do get some opinions on air pressure. Usually the harder the surface, the higher the pressure. Doesnt count when you are trying to run a soft terrain tire on a hard packed surface, but nothing really works with that. I had this guy famous for being able to ride any kind of bike in any kind of race and do really well. (He is also famous for smiles.) We were talking about what pressure to run in the Swedish made Trelleborgs. He showed as that you will be over inflated if you can place the weighted tire on a center knob and not have the knob in front of that knob and the one trailing it to be touching as well. It made sense to me then. The spacing is further on the soft terrain tire than on a hard terrain, and the harder-softer logig made more sense. 40 something years later, it is still a pretty good test that covers things about the sidewall and the rim width as well.
3 nobs touching or 1 nob touching? ?

His initials wouldn't be M.S. would they?