tires

I'm looking to get a new set of tires over the winter for the HM ride in the spring, they dont need to be matching, because i just want whats works the best in the terrain type i'm going to be riding in, which is silt, sand, regular black dirt and mud.
So, what are you running? and how well is it hooking up in what type of soil?

I'm looking to get a new set of tires over the winter for the HM ride in the spring, they dont need to be matching, because i just want whats works the best in the terrain type i'm going to be riding in, which is silt, sand, regular black dirt and mud.
So, what are you running? and how well is it hooking up in what type of soil?

The Kenda Carlsbad tires were damn good sneakers for about $80 a set. very durable as the set on my KX are 5 yrs old and still 90%

I would very seriously consider a set of IRC enduro tires (ve-35 and ve-33) Rockmonster and my self can vouch for their durability, price and traction

Brain, I wish I could contribute more bud but you will want a trail tread in soft-intermediate. Intermediate always works for almost everything. I have Bridgestone M403/404 combo on my bike which is an MX tread but it felt good on the trails at crow and never left me stuck anywhere. I really like them and they lasted and worse excellently. On the Honda I have Mitchelin 80/85BW which I really enjoy for trails, and Ill get some pics. They too are good and for the 150 were only 75$ so you cant loose. Bridgestone/Donlop are my tires of choice, like I said, I wish I could help more but thats all I have to say.

I'm a MT43 convert. Not too sure that would work for you though. What kind of riding do you do? What's important? Max traction or max life?

Previously I really liked the knobbies. The M5B is awesome in the soft stuff and it throws an incredible roost. I used to run a lot of Maxxis IT's because I needed long life, but it came at the cost of traction.

carlsbad arent in production anymore

Go figure.... They were a great tire for my KX, bought a set for my RM and they were horrible in the corners...Still a great tire for $40 each

I would very seriously consider a set of IRC enduro tires (ve-35 and ve-33) Rockmonster and my self can vouch for their durability, price and traction

I actually have heard good things about the IRC Vulcanduro tires. :thumb: Good job Jos!

I'm a MT43 convert. Not too sure that would work for you though. What kind of riding do you do? What's important? Max traction or max life?

Previously I really liked the knobbies. The M5B is awesome in the soft stuff and it throws an incredible roost. I used to run a lot of Maxxis IT's because I needed long life, but it came at the cost of traction.

I have heard guys in the west complain about the ITs... out here on the right coast they were perfect for my district MX tracks. Maxxis caught on and jumped their price by $30 or so bucks :foul:

get a knobby knife and be done with it :smirk: or what ever is on sale, I am cheap bastard :lol: look on CL I see people selling used tires all the time that they put on then didn't like and removed them within only a couple rides. You can pick them up cheap and try all kinds of different brands. good luck nihawk

get a knobby knife and be done with it :smirk: or what ever is on sale, I am cheap bastard :lol: look on CL I see people selling used tires all the time that they put on then didn't like and removed them within only a couple rides. You can pick them up cheap and try all kinds of different brands. good luck nihawk

I think they call that Kentucky hunting! Its a good idea though!:thumb:

the tires that i have now isn't worth the the knobby knife, the front is possibly the original from 88 and the rear came from a yz490 rim and is of unknown age..

I run a geomax 71 hard terrain in the back with about 11-12 PSI, most traction ive ever had with a tire and I ride the same type of dirt thats at HM, and then i got some shangmoto or something like that in the front that was on it when i bought it, and is surprisingly still in very good condition and not in need of replacing yet