tires

Artrax are :bleep:, or that was at least my experience with them. They held up decently, but then after awhile they degraded FAST. My biggest compliant, however, was the fact that I got very little traction on them.

Thats why they only cost 85$ a set. With tires you get what you pay for IMO, you don't wanna sacrafice your tires for anything, even if you are just a begginer. Bad tires teach bad habits :prof:

You are gonna get a bunch of different answers here. I run a Pirelli Scorpion in front (first time and really like it, thanks Agent2) and like Cleonard a Pirelli MT-43 in the rear, which is the hybrid trials tire (first time and love it) but it is not for everybody. The MT 43 does like deep mud or sand very much, but excels over the knobbies in the dry west conditions. It also lasts 3 times as long as the Maxxis desert IT's I used to run.:prof:

Thats why they only cost 85$ a set. With tires you get what you pay for IMO, you don't wanna sacrafice your tires for anything, even if you are just a begginer. Bad tires teach bad habits :prof:

What? lol if anything i think lack of traction would teach you how to ride better in bad conditions. or you'd just be slow.

What? lol if anything i think lack of traction would teach you how to ride better in bad conditions. or you'd just be slow.

Makes you ride like a one legged duck running from a lab :prof: If your sliding out in every turn your not trusting your bike just because of the tires, too afraid to get it down in the turns and loosen up.

I have no preference as I just pick up all the old discarded tires and run those. It is very economical. :lol:

Lol thats exactly what i did, i went a looked in the tire pile behind my local shop and found a bridgestone 404 that had only been run in 1 direction, got it for free and picked up an IRC tube and oput it on today :lol:

Lol thats exactly what i did, i went a looked in the tire pile behind my local shop and found a bridgestone 404 that had only been run in 1 direction, got it for free and picked up an IRC tube and oput it on today :lol:

Thats kinda like taking back your old girlfriend that used to cheat on ya and putting a new uterus in her....

....just saying....:noidea:

Thats kinda like taking back your old girlfriend that used to cheat on ya and putting a new uterus in her....

....just saying....:noidea:

Or just a transplant uterus, we all know its just going to get ruined sooner anyways than a new one but ya just don't care :noidea: