South The Official 2013 DBA T-DAY Planning Thread

The North side of Red Mountain, IMO, has a lot more "diverse" riding than JV. To me, JV is kinda I dimensional. I go there, but I go to the El Paso's for a day, Freemont Peak for a day, Charlie's Place/Sand Hills for a day. But if your camping, you could realistically do all of these. Just I guys opinion :wave: p
I second the motion.:ride:

The North side of Red Mountain, IMO, has a lot more "diverse" riding than JV. To me, JV is kinda I dimensional. I go there, but I go to the El Paso's for a day, Freemont Peak for a day, Charlie's Place/Sand Hills for a day. But if your camping, you could realistically do all of these. Just I guys opinion :wave: p
yea i dont think i have ever just stayed in JV when i gone... we always have explored. these places are a lot newer to me so maybe im just more eager :P

seriously wtf is wrong with you? i been to many places and it dont really get much better then JV.
I have been going out there for 25 years. Around Soggy Lake, Cougar Buttes and everywhere in between. It has been fun over the years but in my opinion it is hammered to death. It takes about the same amount of time to go there versus Fremont or Cal City so if I had a choice to make I know which way my motor home is going. :thumb: I have even considered heading to Copper City for a change, never camped there just day trips. Not too many people over there.

I have been going out there for 25 years. Around Soggy Lake, Cougar Buttes and everywhere in between. It has been fun over the years but in my opinion it is hammered to death. It takes about the same amount of time to go there versus Fremont or Cal City so if I had a choice to make I know which way my motor home is going. :thumb: I have even considered heading to Copper City for a change, never camped there just day trips. Not too many people over there.

You'll be disappointed on a holiday. I did a day ride over New Years last year, MAJOR zoo.

Most of the last big holiday weekends out there over the last two years have seen marked decreases in the amount of people, especially on Tday. Last year I don't think there was even a hundred rigs out there, compared to 500+ in years past.

It has been fun over the years but in my opinion it is hammered to death.

I think it also depends on what you choose to ride. The hammered stuff is easily avoided. JV is huge... largest single open riding area in the country. Would be hard to hammer it all. It's about the ONLY place left you can legally cut your own trail ALL DAY LONG and never see another rider.

Or you can camp at Soggy and ride Trophy truck whoops all day if thats your thing.

Cal City and surrounding areas combined is huge too... but open riding is restricted at too many locations. FOJ and BLM and Fish and Game and Power Co Offsets have fenced soooo much and signed soooo much I get irritated riding out there now. It is getting harder and harder to just ride and not ride along and past fences and signs... even east of 395 now.

Still plenty of riding available if you ignore the inconveniences. But the friendliest OHV city has proved to be one of the worst models of land management ever. They should have just left it alone.