South The Official 2013 DBA T-DAY Planning Thread

Everything is top secret now...:devil: Seems like the Annual DBA T-Day ride has died or split into multiple events. Oh well the first couple were cool. Maybe it is time for the 1st annual CTR T-Day event...:thinking:

TS - I'm with you on the LA-BtoV event. I have been talking about this ride for a couple years now, but I end up not going because of family wanting to go to the dez.

NAMBLA - Who is the M and the B in this statement?
Yeah, if no LA to Vegas, I prefer to camp/ride in the "Searles" general area. The Football Field gets way too crowded. Sand Hills - Royal Flush - El Pasos (Nightmare Gulch/Last Chance Canyon).

Yeah, if no LA to Vegas, I prefer to camp/ride in the "Searles" general area. The Football Field gets way too crowded. Sand Hills - Royal Flush - El Pasos (Nightmare Gulch/Last Chance Canyon).

Last year it was not crowded as the Mick City group from Bakersfield moved norht to Prospectors or Dirt Diggers I forget which club it is that is North of the Searles cutoff road. If you went through both of those areas last year you will recall what a ZOO the campground to the north was - Crazy!! :loco:

Last year it was not crowded as the Mick City group from Bakersfield moved norht to Prospectors or Dirt Diggers I forget which club it is that is North of the Searles cutoff road. If you went through both of those areas last year you will recall what a ZOO the campground to the north was - Crazy!! :loco:
The camping is really nice over in the Cal City area. You can get a big spot with no one around. It's just that if you want to ride the Last Chance/Nightmare Gulch loop, it's a 100 mile day with a gas stop in J-burg. You can also get to the Sand Hills and the Royal Flush but again, long days. All Big Boy Panty days:wiggle: Freemont Peak is closer and an area I like.

Or, like we did 1 year. Cal City - Husky - Inscription Canyon - Copper City (Fort Irwin) - Hinkley for gas (got to meet the mayor. Well, he said he was the mayor I think. Kinda hard to understand him. No teeth and he was drinking something out of a paperbag) - Cal City. I believe that was a 164 mile day:rocker:

The camping is really nice over in the Cal City area. You can get a big spot with no one around. It's just that if you want to ride the Last Chance/Nightmare Gulch loop, it's a 100 mile day with a gas stop in J-burg. You can also get to the Sand Hills and the Royal Flush but again, long days. All Big Boy Panty days:wiggle: Freemont Peak is closer and an area I like.

Or, like we did 1 year. Cal City - Husky - Inscription Canyon - Copper City (Fort Irwin) - Hinkley for gas (got to meet the mayor. Well, he said he was the mayor I think. Kinda hard to understand him. No teeth and he was drinking something out of a paperbag) - Cal City. I believe that was a 164 mile day:rocker:
I like Fremont Peak area, used to go around there for years until we started hanging with DBA gang and going to Searles area. We have an area over there that is away from everyone unless people have discovered it. :devil: Last time I camped over there we never saw a red stick anywhere. Not sure what it is like this time but I am still color blind for the most part. Cal City is nice as you mention as you can get away from the crowds. :thumb:

I like Fremont Peak area, used to go around there for years until we started hanging with DBA gang and going to Searles area. We have an area over there that is away from everyone unless people have discovered it. :devil: Last time I camped over there we never saw a red stick anywhere. Not sure what it is like this time but I am still color blind for the most part. Cal City is nice as you mention as you can get away from the crowds. :thumb:
If you are asking what it is like over by Freemont now concerning red stakes, there are a lot of them. Well, a lot minus 2:smirk: They make for nice yard decorations (in the back yard of course):devil: It's so f'd up. You'll come to a hill with 3 trails going up it and there will be red stakes on 2 of them. I mean, really:banghead: There is a great area off of Freemont Peak road up about 2 miles on the right hand side that can handle 12-15 rigs and it backs to a small hill. That hill is a great backdrop for shooting. We would put the targets up on the hill and plink all day long. A friend made a cast iron target that was abot 4 feet tall and had 3 targets on it that would swivel around when you would hit them.

Or, at night time, maybe we could put a tu-tuor head dress on Rez and have him run around for more of a moving target type of affect:panic::lol::thumb:
Target Practice.jpg

TS. We camp on the other side of that hill. We sometimes on a return ride go through your camp, if that is your gang, up over the hill and down to the other side where we have made our home for the last 5 years. We go in the road just south of Fremont Peak Road and stop about 1/4 mile west of the back side of that hill. Now that I know you shoot guns at that hill I think we may need to find an alternate route. :shocked: I went out for a day trip a year or so ago and experienced the same stupidity regarding red sticks. I found many trails that had no markings but when we get to the end of it lone behold there is the red stick. That is why they don't hold much water with me, just plain stupid.

TS. We camp on the other side of that hill. We sometimes on a return ride go through your camp, if that is your gang, up over the hill and down to the other side where we have made our home for the last 5 years. We go in the road just south of Fremont Peak Road and stop about 1/4 mile west of the back side of that hill. Now that I know you shoot guns at that hill I think we may need to find an alternate route. :shocked: I went out for a day trip a year or so ago and experienced the same stupidity regarding red sticks. I found many trails that had no markings but when we get to the end of it lone behold there is the red stick. That is why they don't hold much water with me, just plain stupid.
Cool, more moving targets:smirk: I haven't been out there with the "shooting" gang for 4-5 years. Probably won't anymore. The main guy that has all the guns isn't doing well health wise:(

:shocked: furry snake?????

especially no cold feet........ it is hotter than bajeezez out there....... 11dy million degrees or so! :prof:
O have been thinking about this.:drool: Figure is out bitch. I plan on going out Sunday before to scout a spot when everybody decides where. Prolly will end up the same place.:thumb:

I really don't know at this time. I need to get together with some of the gang and see what their thoughts are. I always like where we have been going but maybe not up that far this time if the DBA crew is not showing. Depends on how many want to go and what the weather will be. Who knows, I may even stay home for turkey as I have not done that in 15 years or more but I sure like to get out in the desert.
You are NOT allowed to stay home for turkey day.:thumb::prof:

The North side of Red Mountain, IMO, has a lot more "diverse" riding than JV. To me, JV is kinda I dimensional. I go there, but I go to the El Paso's for a day, Freemont Peak for a day, Charlie's Place/Sand Hills for a day. But if your camping, you could realistically do all of these. Just I guys opinion :wave: p