The MX Track - How was your day today?

I was pulling out into heavy traffic on a poorly lit road, 3 lanes of headlights from both directions and I’m waiting for a break from both ways to make a left and flow with oncoming. I see a small opportunity but I’m impatient, and the bike is quick so I jump out. Did not even see the MEDIAN!! separating the lanes. Too late I’m committed, out in the middle of the road instinct kicks in, and I throttle it enough to bounce over the curby obstacle as a glimpse of what appears to be my cell phone floats from my chest pocket. I somehow land the beast into the opposing lanes approaching traffic without crashing, and pin it before I’m flattened like turd in a stampede. Pull off the road and frogger out to my phone cussing out loud how fucking crazy, stupid, lucky bastard I am to not be dead right now.

Damn dude. Store that quick before you kill yourself. Now get yourself square because you won’t be doing anyone any favors by self medicating with booze. It’s a done deal and time to move on to someone once the papers are signed.
Note: don’t give her her half of the 80k until the papers are signed. Difference is that one is a parting gift and the other is a divorce settlement.

Yeah I know. No intent to derail this thread further. it’s about M0T0 although, given my suicidal tendencies, is somewhat relevant :ride:

I finally got back to the track today! It felt like forever, but was only like 5-6 weeks. And even though its like that old saying "riding a bike..", I'm finding out, moto is a perishable skill.
Took the KXF250. I'm starting to like that thing. Got 8.3 hours on it now.
And for not being there much lately, I think I rode pretty well, even with the new track layout. Part of it maybe had to do with last night's awesome SX250 final :thinking::noidea:.
@2Wheels - relax bro, everything happens for a reason. You'll be fine.

Finally got back to the track today. Damn that was much needed!
Brought the kids 125, and the kx250.
Started on the 125, and I think I'm gonna start doing this from now on. A good bike to warm up on, but switching back and forth started to get kinda weird after a few hours.
The new spring and shock rebuild on the KX is a huge improvement, but I had the sag way off at first and it wouldn't turn. Finally got it dialed in and I'm enjoying the bike, but it's pretty stiff. I've got all the adjustments set in the middle right now. It still has the head wobble, but I'm thinking that might be operator error cuz I had another guy with a KX450 ride it and he said he didn't notice it.
But I rode well and was able to get fairly aggressive. I think the new track layout helps; its a lot more technical and fun. Plus it's got a couple right-hand uphills that I've never done before. It doesn't wear me out as much either.
I feel like my cornering is better with the 4T, but I definitely think I need to learn to use the rear brake better.
And while I like the KX, I think I'm gonna sell it and look for a newer 4T 250. Something that turns better.
Not a bad day considering I've only been to the track 4-5 times in 6 months, and I'm gonna make it to work tomorrow :banana::banana::banana:.

Last edited:
I went yesterday also! Fan fkn tastic day.
the weather was remarkable and the track was just awesome. Nicely prepped it started out like mashed potatoes in spots but after a couple hours of laps and sun it came around. A few long deep ruts were good posture practice and they stayed soft enough to push around. Great day indeed.

JOfMQbY.jpg

Good dirt!

c1gtO3Z.jpg

I bet your track conditions were similar to mine, except the water truck broke the night before so Mark the owner wasn't able to wet it down during the day at all. But it was still good, a few nice ruts, and some dry spots later, but I needed the practice on a dryer slippier surface. Temp was perfect.

Took my grandson to the grass farm Sat. And Sun. The small farm , in town about 1000 acres , hills , canals , soft , moist , dry , hard , lots of variation . Ran about 6 hrs. Sat. 5 hrs. Sun. Great time , swapping bikes , changing area's , up and down , all around ..... Next week , hopefully the big farm , about 6 sq. Miles , mostly flat , some bumpy , dry , tractor roads , irrigation ditches .. lot's of straitaways..

Took my grandson to the grass farm Sat. And Sun. The small farm , in town about 1000 acres , hills , canals , soft , moist , dry , hard , lots of variation . Ran about 6 hrs. Sat. 5 hrs. Sun. Great time , swapping bikes , changing area's , up and down , all around ..... Next week , hopefully the big farm , about 6 sq. Miles , mostly flat , some bumpy , dry , tractor roads , irrigation ditches .. lot's of straitaways..
:thumb: Sounds awesome and a good time - I need to get my grandson back on a bike and get my other started.

I rode frigging awesome today! Well, at least by my standards :)
I'm getting comfortable with the 4-stroke and really starting to like it, especially in the turns.
I adjusted the bars back a smidge, took a click out of the fork compression, put the throttle in the right spot...she's much easier to ride now. I could probably make a shock adjustment that would make it even better, but I dont know enough about suspension to even know where to start and I dont want to make things worse. And I rode well, so...:noidea:
I must admit, I may have fell in love with the KX a little bit today.
She runs tits right now :banana:

Find out where you are with settings , write it down , make 1 adjustment at a time .. start with compression .. then rebound .. take your time and figure it out ... If nothing else , go back to square one and try it again ...

Find out where you are with settings , write it down , make 1 adjustment at a time .. start with compression .. then rebound .. take your time and figure it out ... If nothing else , go back to square one and try it again ...
Agreed - I would set the sag to proper sag. I also start the settings in the middle from Hard. (count clicks from soft to hard, then turn half way back.)

Agreed - I would set the sag to proper sag. I also start the settings in the middle from Hard. (count clicks from soft to hard, then turn half way back.)
I did set the sag last weekend, but the seat is still a little high I think so I'm gonna re-check it. It could also be that my fat ass is to tight for my riding pants :thinking:.
It's starting to feel pretty good. All the clickers are about mid-range. I cant wait for next weekend.