The MX Track - How was your day today?

Yeah you can race down age class but not up. The 45 50 and 55 classes were loaded with fast geezers. For some lucky reason 25C was actual beginners.:crash:

I'm telling you the old dudes are fast and many of them.

My local District for dez racing has the largest class in my class (Mag 50-59) and there are a lot of fast experts.
Hell I might do better if i drop down the open expert class with the youngsters...:smirk:

I'm telling you the old dudes are fast and many of them
Aint that the truth!
I'm learning to stay away from the 50+ year old riders, and the 50-85cc riders.
They're the fastest m'fukrs on the track, and they're so good.
I've been riding with a new buddie at the track, he's 62, had a stroke, and still laps me.
But I'm working on it, and getting faster (more comfortable), on A BIKE! Probably not THE bike.

On a side note: I just fired up the 06 YZ250 for the first time since the Payson, AZ dirtbike death trip of 2019.

I was surprised she started and idled, but she did, and to boot she sounded and smelled amazing! I expected the pilot jet to be clogged its been almost 8 months since I kicked her, but she popped right off. Lots of compression.

Maybe the high octane race fuel I put in in August keeping her jets cleaner??? :noidea:

I sat and revved it up, got the fluids moving, and shut off the carb and let her die.
After listening to her rev and re-living memories of last spring, I'm not quite sure I'm ready for the rocket yet, been loving this KX250F. But it was quite obvious she is a faster machine.
And that premix made my loins turn...

Also, I was really planning on selling the KX and buying @PALMER84ONE's YZF, but I just got "laid-off" from work, my psycho ex is costing me more than I have, and I'm logging more hours on the KX than anything. So, I'm a green guy right now.

But I think I'll be swapping the kids 125, for the YZ250 for track days (I bring my KX and his YZ125 currently)...like I said, it gives me a boner, but I just gotta install a new tube in the rear, to replace the new tube in the rear I installed in Aug 2019, (since I pinched TF out of it when I installed it back in August), and clean the air filter.
Then go break a bone :-)
Kidding! (well, hopefully...but I've already done this historically...)

Last edited:
Sucks about being laid off. One of my daughters thought her job was going to do that also, but instead gave option of part time with same benefits. The other at In&Out still has her full time but as you know, they shut down dine in and/or on the outside tables. Me, I am just trying to get out of CA to a safe house in the mountains.

That blows you got laid off. Not the best time for that. But I heard Amazon is hiring 100,000 people to keep up with demand.

I broke out #5 (13.5 KTM450-sxfe) the last 2 weeks in the dez and logged over 100 miles during both weekends and that bike reminded me why i bought it. I am thinking of maybe throwing it at a European scramble in a couple weeks if they don't shut down those. they already cancelled this weekend sprint enduro..

But I heard Amazon is hiring 100,000 people to keep up with demand.
Ha, aint gonna happen. I have real, tangible skills, that most dont. I'm not a minimum wage worker.
Luckily I saved a couple bucks recently to live off of.
But I am finding out that whatever I did to my right wrist that day at practice last Saturday, was worse than I thought. It's better now, but this past week I have been restricted in what I could do with it. Its been very weak.
Seems to be much stronger the past day or so.

Trying to get the kid to go to the track with me this weekend...he claims that now that he's older, taller, and stronger than me, that he's faster.
But he aint ridden in 2 months, and I have :banana:

Kids don't lose it like we do . He's going to pass your ass like my grandson passed mine . I did have the excuse that his bike was geared faster than mine , I'm the heavier one , yea yea yea ... Kid smoked me ......

Ha, aint gonna happen. I have real, tangible skills, that most dont. I'm not a minimum wage worker.
Luckily I saved a couple bucks recently to live off of.
But I am finding out that whatever I did to my right wrist that day at practice last Saturday, was worse than I thought. It's better now, but this past week I have been restricted in what I could do with it. Its been very weak.
Seems to be much stronger the past day or so.

Trying to get the kid to go to the track with me this weekend...he claims that now that he's older, taller, and stronger than me, that he's faster.
But he aint ridden in 2 months, and I have :banana:
That's good you saved a few $$$ - I was just throwing out there that they are hiring so you keep squish coming in while surfing for a new gig. Not sure on your skill set but there are a lot of jobs in the AZ area around Phoenix.

Kids don't lose it like we do . He's going to pass your ass like my grandson passed mine . I did have the excuse that his bike was geared faster than mine , I'm the heavier one , yea yea yea ... Kid smoked me ......
One thing I have going for me is my kids can't pass me...:smirk:

One thing I have going for me is my kids can't pass me...:smirk:
My son at 17 was faster than me, but he
has ME to thank for that!
I didn’t get a dirt bike when I was 4 my parents thought they were dangerous.
I had a firm grasp on my own mortality before I ever got on a motocross track.

Our kids have it made , never had anything like that ... I had a tonka big rig wrecker .. That was cool , grandson had a bad ass go cart at 4 , started 2 wheelin at 5 , now 11 , has SUZUKI JR 80 CRF 100 F , TTR 125 EL , HONDA REBEL 250 ...... Lucky little bastard .... LOL ......