The MX Track - How was your day today?

Ditched work yesterday and went riding. Lucky there’s one track that will open during the week. Was drier than expected and not prepped but still a good time and beats working! Reached for the big jump I’ve been avoiding commiting to and got a pretty good shock to the wrists that ended my day early. All I could think about after that was my ass-wiping comment becoming prophetic. Ah Moto, gotta love it!
oIUoS4X.jpg

That place looks fun! I wish we had a track here that was open during the week :cry:
The track I normally ride at is having a race this weekend, on the track I ride.
I think I'm gonna line up. It'll be my first race.
I'm kinda nervous about it though...

Last edited:
There’s an old fart class I thought about entering this weekend but.. but.. but..

don’t be nervous turf, just gate up and do your best. Hold your line and the faster guys will get around dont try to get out of anyone’s way. I’ve never jumped out of an airplane before, but the gate drop through the first 1/2 lap is probably the most insane thrill I ever had. Like waiting way to long to pull the ripcord and living tell about it.

Man up .. don't let the chance pass you by . Greatest feeling in the world , pretend that Chad Reed is lined up next to you , or , insert your favorite ,, My greatest is lineing up next to my daughter , or grandson , Hard to beat either of them , but sometimes they do get by .... GO FOR IT . Then report back , if you live ..........

There’s an old fart class I thought about entering this weekend but.. but.. but..

but nuthin’ I tried to justify the buts and couldn’t.

Man up .. don't let the chance pass you by . Greatest feeling in the world , pretend that Chad Reed is lined up next to you ,

Decided to (god forbid) take BWM advice and did just that. Signed up for the 50+ C thinking maybe I’d sandbag a few beginners. Turns out I think chad reed was there sandbagging also cause I got smoked! Came in 5th out of 9 in moto 1 and moto 2 I truly belonged in the beginner class. Was checking to make sure I was in second gear, and did a blip and it died. 2 kicks later the gate dropped. 4 kicks later I was looking for neutral and dead last ..6 kicks later I took off so far behind It wasn’t funny but I laughed anyway. Rode way better 2nd moto too, I was getting the hang of the track and actually starting to dig the sand a little bit but there was not hope of catching up. Damn sandbaggers.

s1ZCHzx.jpg

Thats a funny story @2Wheels :goofy:
I had every intention of lining up today but it's not happening.
I went to the track yesterday to practice but about an hour in I was entering the track in this roller section (I wasn't trying to clear them), but I apparently gave it too much throttle over the 2nd one (but not enough to clear it) and landed really hard on the face. About a 6 foot drop. After that my right hand hurt down by my wrist every other landing so I decided I was done. I gave it a shot and stayed another couple hours but it wasn't getting better.
I thought it was just my hand/wrist that was hurt but when I woke up this morning I'm finding that my back is tweaked as well.
Whatever. Shit happens, and they'll be another day.
What really sucks is because of all the rain we just had, and all the riders coming out for the race, the track was amazing. It stayed tacky most of the day and there were some awesome ruts with multiple lines.
I dont think I've ever seen the track in that good of shape.

Even funnier than my performance, my son is still out with injury so let one of his friends borrow my Yamaha, he entered the 25+ beginner and won the motherfucker. Ive ridden with him many times and I’m faster than he is. I should’ve entered his class I would’ve sacked ‘em

Thats a funny story @2Wheels :goofy:
I had every intention of lining up today but it's not happening.
I went to the track yesterday to practice but about an hour in I was entering the track in this roller section (I wasn't trying to clear them), but I apparently gave it too much throttle over the 2nd one (but not enough to clear it) and landed really hard on the face. About a 6 foot drop. After that my right hand hurt down by my wrist every other landing so I decided I was done. I gave it a shot and stayed another couple hours but it wasn't getting better.
I thought it was just my hand/wrist that was hurt but when I woke up this morning I'm finding that my back is tweaked as well.
Whatever. Shit happens, and they'll be another day.
What really sucks is because of all the rain we just had, and all the riders coming out for the race, the track was amazing. It stayed tacky most of the day and there were some awesome ruts with multiple lines.
I dont think I've ever seen the track in that good of shape.

Went to the track today ... Our track ..... first time in about a year ... track is completely overgrown . . Nice trees in middle of the straitaways ... , 1 st. and 2 nd. turns washed out and really rough .... 3 rd. and 4 th...... Not so bad .. infield go cart track is knee high grass and pretty clean .. now going to turn it into a single track trail riding area . Just needs some trimming and thought ...... guard rails are still there in 3 and 4 so that will set perimiter ...... off the back strait we can connect to about 3 - 4 thousand acres of floodway and farmers roads next to canals ..... going to get back into it and enjoy it ..... Labor of love . Just got burned out back in 2013 when I closed it .....now , something new and different ..... not a bunch of whiney bitches crying about everything ..... just for famiky and a few chosen friends ....

Were I'm from , they let us old farts run with the kids , or in any class they have the guts to enter ...... entry fee is still the same ..... damm these kids are tough . Did something stupid today ...... taught the grandson how to change sprockets , .... added a 14 tooth to his new TTR 125 EL . , THEN when we went to the track . I took a stock TTR 125 L and of course I could'nt keep up .....