The MX Track - How was your day today?

Finally went to the track yesterday after I don’t know how many months off. Kind of sucked having to go to a storage unit to get my bike and gear but all in all a great day. Rode pretty well considering the time off and bomb range ungroomed track I had to ride. No pics, but same as before, old doof acting young on a kawi. Bike lit right up damn I love that efi. Held off some skinny kid for a while who was faster than me, but I made him work for the pass and dogged him for a few laps. Probably rode over my head a bit, but that's usual for me I guess. We finally tire out and fucker pulls off his helmet and he's as old as I am! I said well there goes my excuse for not being able to keep up. We both laughed. He said well I'm on a 450 so.. Ill take that as reason enough. Was a fun day, missed riding a lot. Sore as hell today but I still love it.

Finally went to the track yesterday after I don’t know how many months off. Kind of sucked having to go to a storage unit to get my bike and gear but all in all a great day. Rode pretty well considering the time off and bomb range ungroomed track I had to ride. No pics, but same as before, old doof acting young on a kawi. Bike lit right up damn I love that efi. Held off some skinny kid for a while who was faster than me, but I made him work for the pass and dogged him for a few laps. Probably rode over my head a bit, but that's usual for me I guess. We finally tire out and fucker pulls off his helmet and he's as old as I am! I said well there goes my excuse for not being able to keep up. We both laughed. He said well I'm on a 450 so.. Ill take that as reason enough. Was a fun day, missed riding a lot. Sore as hell today but I still love it.
:thumb:

Awesome! Glad you got out....It's been way too long for me to get some dirt in. Ride the DS to work at least once a week, but way over due on the dirt side.

Glad to hear , hard keeping up with us old guys , l've been trying to get in some riding , kind of hard with broken bones .. but have to ride to keep the herd in shape ...... can't let them rest , they get lazy and cranky .... just like me......

Wait... what happened? Why a storage unit?

NOPE won’t be final until end of feb. dealing with the daily displays of transparent affection, but I’m enjoying her effort if not her spirit. Still a chance it could all fall apart like a Chinese motorcycle, so I’m trying to stay reserved and civil. Getting pretty buzzed everyday, like and idiot I took out the street bike last night. Holy Fkn shit I almost killed myself. That thing is a handful sober let alone after 4 beers. Never again unless I really do want to die. I know.. you don’t have to tell me how bad a decision that was. I also know I’m not gonna quit drinking anytime soon so it’s going to storage.

I was pulling out into heavy traffic on a poorly lit road, 3 lanes of headlights from both directions and I’m waiting for a break from both ways to make a left and flow with oncoming. I see a small opportunity but I’m impatient, and the bike is quick so I jump out. Did not even see the MEDIAN!! separating the lanes. Too late I’m committed, out in the middle of the road instinct kicks in, and I throttle it enough to bounce over the curby obstacle as a glimpse of what appears to be my cell phone floats from my chest pocket. I somehow land the beast into the opposing lanes approaching traffic without crashing, and pin it before I’m flattened like turd in a stampede. Pull off the road and frogger out to my phone cussing out loud how fucking crazy, stupid, lucky bastard I am to not be dead right now.

I was pulling out into heavy traffic on a poorly lit road, 3 lanes of headlights from both directions and I’m waiting for a break from both ways to make a left and flow with oncoming. I see a small opportunity but I’m impatient, and the bike is quick so I jump out. Did not even see the MEDIAN!! separating the lanes. Too late I’m committed, out in the middle of the road instinct kicks in, and I throttle it enough to bounce over the curby obstacle as a glimpse of what appears to be my cell phone floats from my chest pocket. I somehow land the beast into the opposing lanes approaching traffic without crashing, and pin it before I’m flattened like turd in a stampede. Pull off the road and frogger out to my phone cussing out loud how fucking crazy, stupid, lucky bastard I am to not be dead right now.
I kinda thought final yeah but finalised no John you have at least one kid that respects you enough to tell you wtf is going on! Stop fucking about and stay alive and pass all bar the crap on to your kids! Live to ride be it the bike beside you in the storage unit or a blowupdoll.com :wink: