The most beneficial mods

This thread could use a poll. Then we can vote for the best mods to do. I choose Tires over suspension. Mainly because everyone can buy a set of tires. The cost of a good suspension upgrade is pretty costly. When compared to a set of tires.

Duh, if you had a 500cc two stroke you would not need nos. :banghead:
What mods have you done to your bike since purchase? Which ones did you notice a performance increase wi
Those need a double shot to be competitive because they'll blow through every corner.

My post is one of the first ones in the the thread

It depends on what you ride
but in general
#1: Suspension- this is hands down the best money I've ever spent on a dirt bike, it was worth every penny of the 660 dollars I spent on it. The bike is so much easier to ride, it handles sandwhoops with ease, it bites better when turning, and the rear wheel skips around a lot less (better traction) as a result I don't fatigue nearly as bad.

#2: Jetting: It needs to be done to get the most bang you can out of the bike

#3: Sikk Graphics- they will get you laid

#4: At least for me, a set of Michelin S12XC's, I also like a slightly wider tire on the rear.

#5: Handguards: I use just MX Handshields, keeps your hands protected from the brush and roost will still letting the controls feel clear and un-cluttered.

#6: Bike Armor: skid plate (i prefer a light weight plastic one) and radiator braces

#7: Stabilizer-if you ride desert

#8: some 91 octane fuel: There is no replacement for seat time

#9: Hour meter- do the maintenance by the book, and know when its time to rebuild to avoid even more expensive repairs

Last edited:
It depends on what you ride

but in general
#1: Suspension- this is hands down the best money I've ever spent on a dirt bike, it was worth every penny of the 660 dollars I spent on it. The bike is so much easier to ride, it handles sandwhoops with ease, it bites better when turning, and the rear wheel skips around a lot less (better traction) as a result I don't fatigue nearly as bad.

#2: Jetting: It needs to be done to get the most bang you can out of the bike

#3: Sikk Graphics- they will get you laid

#4: At least for me, a set of Michelin S12XC's, I also like a slightly wider tire on the rear.

#5: Handguards: I use just MX Handshields, keeps your hands protected from the brush and roost will still letting the controls feel clear and un-cluttered.

#6: Bike Armor: skid plate (i prefer a light weight plastic one) and radiator braces

#7: Stabilizer-if you ride desert

#8: some 91 octane fuel: There is no replacement for seat time

#9: Hour meter- do the maintenance by the book, and know when its time to rebuild to avoid even more expensive repairs
#3 lol :D

The best thing you can do to your bike is have properly set up suspension for the rider and the type of terrain they are riding. This may or may not include "Modification". More times than not it is mearly proper adjustment of the suspension that does best. Unless you happen to be 50lbs heavier than what what the springs are rated for. But even still for the type of riding I do its just tuning of the compression and rebound and maybe a certain oil weight and level. But I understand that a Race Tech Gold revalve and appropriate weight springs with good adjustments make all the world of difference. Most modern day bikes (say 2000 and newer) make way more than enough power and go plenty fast enough for the AVERAGE recreational rider and even racer. Properly set up suspension makes them ride better, longer and faster.