The most beneficial mods

I have to agree with PSJ. And in your case I think it can be done for free. Adjust that suspension. Ive never re sprung any of my bikes. But when I was younger I didnt need to because I weighed what the bike was sprung for. Now Im religious about SAG and making the bike handle better. And I still havent re sprung my CR. I just soften up the compression on the forks enough till it doesnt bottom out. And harden up the rebound till its not like a pogo stick. Same with the rear shock and Im quite comfortable on my bike. But Im not that fast of a rider and will never use everything that the bike has to offer in regards to power or handling.

#1 Handlebars
After running the same bars on my bike its entire life i have found that i cannot adjust to anything else. I run the windham bend, but its more about the the height and rake. This is the most important because its the biggest thing on makeing me feel "at home" on the actual bike

#2 Tires
Even if i feel good on the bike i will be useless as soon as i move without a decent set of tires to give me predictable stability

That and suspension are the most important things to do to your bike. The number one thing you should do is to make sure you; First- buy the correct bike. Do the research to find the one that may fit you best. Heaven forbid you buy a bike and find yourself to be disappointed with it. Then you find yourself removing the current engine to install a 500cc two stroke engine.. :smirk: :smirk: :prof: :banana: :hug:

That and suspension are the most important things to do to your bike. The number one thing you should do is to make sure you; First- buy the correct bike. Do the research to find the one that may fit you best. Heaven forbid you buy a bike and find yourself to be disappointed with it. Then you find yourself removing the current engine to install a 500cc two stroke engine.. :smirk: :smirk: :prof: :banana: :hug:
:puke: id rather buy a service Honda and remove the engine to replace with a 250f.

It depends on what you ride

but in general
#1: Suspension- this is hands down the best money I've ever spent on a dirt bike, it was worth every penny of the 660 dollars I spent on it. The bike is so much easier to ride, it handles sandwhoops with ease, it bites better when turning, and the rear wheel skips around a lot less (better traction) as a result I don't fatigue nearly as bad.

#2: Jetting: It needs to be done to get the most bang you can out of the bike

#3: Sikk Graphics- they will get you laid

#4: At least for me, a set of Michelin S12XC's, I also like a slightly wider tire on the rear.

#5: Handguards: I use just MX Handshields, keeps your hands protected from the brush and roost will still letting the controls feel clear and un-cluttered.

#6: Bike Armor: skid plate (i prefer a light weight plastic one) and radiator braces

#7: Stabilizer-if you ride desert

#8: some 91 octane fuel: There is no replacement for seat time

#9: Hour meter- do the maintenance by the book, and know when its time to rebuild to avoid even more expensive repairs
Nice choice on the tire, although I like the M on the rear up here.

:thumb: I'm currently running M12's front and rear, I think ultimately I'll go S12 front and M12 rear.
Best tire set up I've ever run is that.......for performance, I love them,except we have a lot of rocky terrain and those tires don't last as long as say a Dunlop but last time on my RM I put a Michelin starcross on the rear and it seemed to have the same performance as a m12 and instead of lasting 2 or 3 months I got about 4 or 5 months outa it. And I believe it was bout the same price.

Best tire set up I've ever run is that.......for performance, I love them,except we have a lot of rocky terrain and those tires don't last as long as say a Dunlop but last time on my RM I put a Michelin starcross on the rear and it seemed to have the same performance as a m12 and instead of lasting 2 or 3 months I got about 4 or 5 months outa it. And I believe it was bout the same price.
They don't last as long as the dunlops (my last tire) but I have a lot easier time mounting michelins than I do Dunlops, dunlops have a really stiff sidewall by comparison.

I had a MH3, I thought it wore out way too fast

They don't last as long as the dunlops (my last tire) but I have a lot easier time mounting michelins than I do Dunlops, dunlops have a really stiff sidewall by comparison.

I had a MH3, I thought it wore out way too fast
I hate flipping tires, it's the worst part of workin on a bike for me

My favorite mods so far

1. Michelin Star cross MH3 tires (best damn tires ever made!)

2. Renthal Twin Ring rear sprocket and ultra light front sprocket

3. Moose Racing bark busters and flexible hand shields from enduro engineering

4. Ricochet skid plate (big plate with lots of protection

5. Pro Taper 1 1/8th bars (KTM/Suzuki stock bend... dont ask :smirk:)

6. Pro Taper fat bar adapters

7. Every engine and fuel mod ive done (too many to list)

Not necessarily in this order, but you get the idea