The most beneficial mods

My KTM manual recommends 60:1, for normal riding, if your racing then that's different, but maybe I'll try that oil, so far Amsoil and Motorex s the best I've ever used.by the way, you got stock in that company? You seem to be pushing that stuff pretty hard.

Not a scamsoil fan... Motorex is good stuff.
A parts guy I used to know turned me onto the Silkolene years and years ago. Since then they became my main sponsor along with factory connection. I believe the best oil you can use is one that you can get readily available and fits your riding style. :thumb:

I
Not a scamsoil fan... Motorex is good stuff.
A parts guy I used to know turned me onto the Silkolene years and years ago. Since then they became my main sponsor along with factory connection. I believe the best oil you can use is one that you can get readily available and fits your riding style. :thumb:
I agree except withheld scams oil thing, I've stated it here so where before, but I rode 2 whole seasons with Amsoil on one rebuild and was running 80:1, I saw only normal wear on the tear down , I don't run it anymore mainly because I've found cheaper alternatives that work as well but every body has they're opinions, I'll try to find silkolene here and try it.

I liked Amsoil the times I've used it, buttery smooth in the gear box.

I have an "issue" with the distributor so I use Kal Gard (sponsorship, one of my longest ones)
As far as oils go just use the one that meets the specs in your manual and you'll be golden.

Last edited:
Does having a faster rider on your bike count as a mod.? If he is a faster rider than shouldn't that count as a mod. The cat is out of the bag Snowflake. If needed I will be happy to continue to race your bike for you. I am your number one mod. :lol: :lol: :smirk: :thumb:

Does having a faster rider on your bike count as a mod.? If he is a faster rider than shouldn't that count as a mod. The cat is out of the bag Snowflake. If needed I will be happy to continue to race your bike for you. I am your number one mod. :lol: :lol: :smirk: :thumb:
On my worst day I would lap you several times over.

You remind me of another older guy that used to be out at the track, he couldn't ride worth a damn but he was always bragging on his 450, which was a nice bike, but it was only seen rolling every jump and sometimes tipping over in corners.

Last edited:
I

I agree except withheld scams oil thing, I've stated it here so where before, but I rode 2 whole seasons with Amsoil on one rebuild and was running 80:1, I saw only normal wear on the tear down , I don't run it anymore mainly because I've found cheaper alternatives that work as well but every body has they're opinions, I'll try to find silkolene here and try it.

I don't care what the bottle says I run what the engine manufacturer specs..... A good oil will tell you to follow the engine specs.. Silkolene is on the expensive side and if I had to buy my stuff I would run Lucas or maybe some kind of castor....

Every body else can run what they want how they want......this is America that's why I agree with mr. Badger, I like too see where the sweet spot is for me, oops that was too lean......seize motor, that's way too fat, mosquito killer, I'm gonna burn down an engine at least once every two seasons anyway, I might as well learn from it in the process.....but like I said, that's just me, I wouldn't want someone else too go off what I said and melt one down, but it is interesting.and I run no fatter than 40:1 and no leaner than 60:1 on anything in my garage now.