The Guns Thread

hQc0wQd.gif

its a world gone crazy, I have not ever seen the need to arm myself till recently, and when it comes right down to it, I'll gladly be judged by 12 if it means myself or my room mate don't get carried by 6. working on ways to mount my 45 to the bottom of the dash on the bronco at the moment.

My son has several xd series pistols, and I like them all. I like the backstrap safety just like my 1911's have. If you shoot a 45 well and like the cartridge, then it is the right one for you. Anyone that thinks they may need to shoot through something to save themselves should consider the versatility of the larger bores when it comes to pistols.i grudgingly admit that I get more shots on target faster with my 9mm's than my 40's or 45's, but in a 3 shot fight of varied or unspecified cover or distance I would feel more confident going in with a 45. Bullet choice is so broad now and some of the choices are pretty specialized.

its a world gone crazy, I have not ever seen the need to arm myself till recently, and when it comes right down to it, I'll gladly be judged by 12 if it means myself or my room mate don't get carried by 6. working on ways to mount my 45 to the bottom of the dash on the bronco at the moment.
Do not under estimate gorilla tape, poprivets and/or glue and surplus holsters.

My son has several xd series pistols, and I like them all. I like the backstrap safety just like my 1911's have. If you shoot a 45 well and like the cartridge, then it is the right one for you. Anyone that thinks they may need to shoot through something to save themselves should consider the versatility of the larger bores when it comes to pistols.i grudgingly admit that I get more shots on target faster with my 9mm's than my 40's or 45's, but in a 3 shot fight of varied or unspecified cover or distance I would feel more confident going in with a 45. Bullet choice is so broad now and some of the choices are pretty specialized.
depending on the ammo in the .45, in most home invasion scenarios you won't have to fire too much if they hit the target it didn't get the nickname in the great war of "man stopper" for no reason

The 45 was stopping fights before the day of "boutique" bullets. It started down the barrel as big in diameter as some of the soft points bloom to. Of course bullets for virtually all calibers have developed. There is a lot of good reason for using 9's etc. I shoot more than most. Very common for me to shoot 8-10k rounds of center-fire pistol a year. 45 acp still heads my list, but seldom am I carrying it on me in my favorite form (1911). The poly's are easier to hide, carry lots, and they are so reliable. The XD series in a medium length barrel is a great night stand gun, under arm or appendix carry concealed, under the dash etc pistol that is as good as any pistol in any caliber. Like bikes it comes down to personal likes. I have learned that in cases where I am concerned about fast follow up shots, the bigger the physical size, and the longer the barrel, the faster I am back on target.