The Guns Thread

The 45 was stopping fights before the day of "boutique" bullets. It started down the barrel as big in diameter as some of the soft points bloom to. Of course bullets for virtually all calibers have developed. There is a lot of good reason for using 9's etc. I shoot more than most. Very common for me to shoot 8-10k rounds of center-fire pistol a year. 45 acp still heads my list, but seldom am I carrying it on me in my favorite form (1911). The poly's are easier to hide, carry lots, and they are so reliable. The XD series in a medium length barrel is a great night stand gun, under arm or appendix carry concealed, under the dash etc pistol that is as good as any pistol in any caliber. Like bikes it comes down to personal likes. I have learned that in cases where I am concerned about fast follow up shots, the bigger the physical size, and the longer the barrel, the faster I am back on target.
CC is exactly what I want the XD for, I have the opportunity to fire my buddies and the rest of his collection next weekend, I'll have a lot better preference list after then.
when it comes to 1911's
94588d941f3c53ae5a8de9781ebc888d.jpg
Fcj90DZ4LLBlJsPK_vN5ncM6r6ZqpE4j_3qCMYbMYek.jpg

NqMt49m.jpg

its just one of those creations in history that everything else afterwards borrowed from, it sells itself on reputation alone.
"widely regarded as the best semi automatic pistol ever created....."

I have several 1911's. Nothing feels as good. I usually have one of them in my vehicle. Not so much under my jacket anymore, due to size and weight. I have a couple of plastic ones that I am prone to hiding on me. You are big enough that you can do underarm or appendix with a 3.5-4 inch barrel under anything short of a t shirt.

Favorite handgun of all time was my fathers browning 9mm on a 1911 frame. It was lost after his death.
I’ve always handled 9mm and found it to be an exceptional round. We owned all different types of handguns of all calibers growing up. We had a Ruger .22 cal that I loved but my favorite will always be the browning.
I did have 25 colt auto mag that I used to keep under the truck seat even though Jersey has serious rules for that stuff. I ran 5 rounds through it when I bought it. Got rid of it a few years later.

I wish I could own guns, but, I know better. Qualifying list as follows

1.Even temperamentX
2.Tolerance for idiots especially in trafficX
3.Ability to put gun away and quit playing with itX
4.Confrontational+

Yep. I’ve had guns in the past, I took them away from myself. Somebody was gonna get shot, and it was probably going to be me. My weapon handling skills are about the same as my bike handling skills. Reckless

It is good to recognize a personality that is too quick to anger. There are times I won't carry one for various reasons. Most cast me as pushy and belligerent if my point isn't being received, and I am. I learned to do that. In the tests and interviews that my friends who were upper management in law enforcement have given me, they say I am very unlikely to shoot. Maybe too unlikely. Which surprised them all.

Favorite handgun of all time was my fathers browning 9mm on a 1911 frame. It was lost after his death.
I’ve always handled 9mm and found it to be an exceptional round. We owned all different types of handguns of all calibers growing up. We had a Ruger .22 cal that I loved but my favorite will always be the browning.
I did have 25 colt auto mag that I used to keep under the truck seat even though Jersey has serious rules for that stuff. I ran 5 rounds through it when I bought it. Got rid of it a few years later.

I have several rugers in 22 rimfire. One is pretty similar in ergs to a 1911, though looks nothing like one. Everyone who shoots it (it has to have 40,000 rounds through it by now) wants one. One is a single action revolver, with a cylinder for 22lr and one for 22 mag. Very versatile. Takes out a coyote pretty nicely.

It is good to recognize a personality that is too quick to anger. There are times I won't carry one for various reasons. Most cast me as pushy and belligerent if my point isn't being received, and I am. I learned to do that. In the tests and interviews that my friends who were upper management in law enforcement have given me, they say I am very unlikely to shoot. Maybe too unlikely. Which surprised them all.

REALLY? :smirk:
:wave: