The Guns Thread

Not to change the subject, but who among us reloads besides me?

I do not. My son brought some home a while back and his buddy did a poor job. Casings all expanded and bent.

I need to dispose of those reloads some how safely.

Years ago a coworker told me he had made his own loads... at the time he did this he was a hellion, biker dude, etc. living on the egde type of guy... he "over" loaded his rounds thinking MORE POWER... when he shot them he actually cracked the barrel of his 45...
Even the big bad biker dude mentallity took shot with that... he said it scared the K-rap out of him AND his biker buddies.
:eek:

I was curious. It's a good way to get closer to the shooting sports. A little like doing your own engine work.

Rack, Your best bet is to get a kinetic bullet puller if you are serious about getting rid of the bad loads. That will remove the bullet from the case. You can dump the powder and toss the cases. I haven't seen anything disable a primer faster than crankcase drippings if you want to go that far.

I was curious. It's a good way to get closer to the shooting sports. A little like doing your own engine work.

Rack, Your best bet is to get a kinetic bullet puller if you are serious about getting rid of the bad loads. That will remove the bullet from the case. You can dump the powder and toss the cases. I haven't seen anything disable a primer faster than crankcase drippings if you want to go that far.

Thanks for the info. Never heard of the kinetic Bullett puller. But I am not real familiar with the reload world either. Just googled the puller $15-$20 not too bad. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394373853.677493.jpg

I've heard the best way to get rid of them is to just toss them in the fire and call it good :smirk:

Oh stand real close to the fire too!

For those of us who own and rifle made by Russia. Which is most likely the Mosin Nagant. Which I own 3of the different modles they made.
the US goverment is banning any further shipments from Russia to the US. Which includes the Russian millitary surplus rifles and ammo.
So if you want to own a Mosin Nagant and or need ammo for it. (Full Metal Jacket). You had better run to your local gun store and stock up.. I am...!

Last edited:
For those of us who own and rifle made by Russia. Which is most likely the Mosin Nagant. Which I own 3of the different modles they made.
the US goverment is banning any further shipments from Russia to the US. Which includes the Russian millitary surplus rifles and ammo.
So if you want to own a Mosin Nagant and or need ammo for it. (Full Metal Jacket). You had better run to your local gun store and stock up.. I am...!

That makes me sad! Those are sweet rifles. I've wanted one for a while now

For those not reloading now, Lee bottled a kit called "The Anniversary Kit" that is really reasonable. A thirty dollar digital scale makes it all a casual reload er could ask for. Just buy the dies for your cartridge and add powder:wave:

From what I remember both Tula and Wolf are actually manufactured in the Ukraine. I have a feeling that they might want to be stocking up for themselves so we may see a bit of a drought. Now I think most of the surplus rifles do come from Russia. One thing that makes the military surplus rifles desirable is the low cost ammo. Lose that and I don't think that I need one of those rifles.

I picked up my first big rifle in the late 80's. It was an after war production Yugo 8mm Mauser. I was buying 1000 round lots between 8 and 10 cents a round.

I plan on getting one of those Lee kits this year. It will do well for the bolt action rifles. You just don't shoot the volume of ammo that you can put through a semi auto hand gun or rifle.