The Guns Thread

RM, I'm shocked! I would think you would know better!:naughty:

A shotgun is the most versitile gun on the planet! I can defend my home, and garner EVERYTHING that lives on land that is fit to eat and fill my belly!

I have NOT bought any meat in the past year other than chicken and bacon. No shit! My freezer is still too full to ethically shoot any more! I invite all the locals and friends to my cabin just to EAT! We are going to have a big Hoo-Haw! at my place Halloween weekend just so I can get rid of last years meat!

I'm doing whole backstraps stuffed with cheese, garlic. and spinach, wrapped in bacon, on the grill. Everything done on an open fire! Stuiffed turkey breasts!
More deep fried Lake Erie Perch! Deer liver with garlic and onion. Hot Hungarian red and yellow peppers stuffed with venison sausage, rice, garlic, onion, mushrooms...cooked in a dutch oven till almost done, then covered in fresh tomato and green chilis and covered in a pound of mozerella cheese until brown and bubbly!

I am the total camp cookling bitch! That's a mantle I wear proudly! It is fun as hell! I ride, I shoot, I hunt with the best of them! But I am the King of Open Fire Cooking and everyone knows it!

Getting back to the point, a shotgun rules! I'll take my muzzie loader over a shotgun any day for big game, but shotguns fill the pot with feather and fur! And that is satisfying as hell to feed yourself by your own hand in fantastic tasting style!

You western guys can't ID with this!

You have laws! We have no laws!

Zero!

It's a beautiful thing!

First of all I don't like to eat BB's so I hate buckshot. Too big and bulky to get around the hallway corners in the house. Is not very accurate beyond a short distance.

I'm not saying it does not have its place. There's nothing like the Master Key as it has been referred to for opening doors.
But otherwise from a tactical standpoint it's a very limited weapon. I'd rather even have the M4 for close quarters as opposed to a shotgun. Now if I know what I'm hunting won't be shooting back I'll gladly go pluck some rounds. Otherwise I'll stick with the .44 or .45. I also have a Desert Eagle in the .50 that would stop anything. Bitch to shoot more than a few times though. Rounds are out the roof.

James

Staff member
And WHY NOT, JAMES?

But, but, this is James' Glock 27. Not just no other G27!
Ok fine I give up,:P here's the G27 with the G22 mag in it. (15 round) :rocker:

IMG_20101026_233148.jpg

Any of you wanna sell me a gun? :smirk:
:noidea: uhh...no...well wait, I do have this one that you can have. :smirk:

schyl-cg.jpg

Ok fine I give up,:P here's the G27 with the G22 mag in it. (15 round) :rocker:

IMG_20101026_233148.jpg

YAY! :banana: It's a nice looking gun, but considering it's James' Glock 27, that makes it that much better. And judging by the 15 round magazine, I'm guessing you do work. :smirk:

I bought some match grade ammo for my .223 this weekend and did some looooong range shots. Using Hornandy 76 grain BTHP Matchkings, I shot 5 shot groups that you could cover with a nickel at 200 yards, 1.25" in groups at 300 yards, and 4" groups at 500 yards. 10 mph wind at my back. 6 x20 scope with a .223 bullet drop compensator installed. Bench rested of course. :thumb:

Coyotes posted a white flag with a paw print on it at camp the next day....

Remember James, I have built every military grade round from a .223 to a 2000# bomb. There are a few tricks I have learned and no I was not speaking of the Glaser rounds. Those suck ass!

Remember James, I have built every military grade round from a .223 to a 2000# bomb. There are a few tricks I have learned and no I was not speaking of the Glaser rounds. Those suck ass!

I reload my own pistol cartridges. If you glue a large magnum pistol primer into the top of a hollow point reload, the frangibility of the bullet becomes such that it will break up after contact with something as soft and easy as thin plywood. Just sayin!

My weapon of choice when I get my own home to defend...:smirk:

rem_41870.jpg

Remington 870 tactical

821306.jpg

some #4 buck or a lil larger.....

I just feel allot more confidant aiming a full length weapon over a handgun, plus hit has a ton of stopping power without all the penetration to kill the neighbor...