The Guns Thread

If it's for home defense you are way better off with a .45. Much easier to access, more maneuverable, much better accuracy.
Personally about the only thing a shotgun is good for is clay pigeon shooting.:thumb:

That 26 inches is overall length. The barrel must also be longer than 18 inches. It's pretty hard to get under that 26 inches with an 18 inch barrel. The mechanism and grip would have to be less than 8 inches. I doubt that any commercially available shougun would be undersize.

Indiana code:
IC 35-47-1-10
"Sawed-off shotgun"
Sec. 10. "Sawed-off shotgun" means:
(1) a shotgun having one (1) or more barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length; and
(2) any weapon made from a shotgun (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if the weapon as modified has an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches.
As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

If it's for home defense you are way better off with a .45. Much easier to access, more maneuverable, much better accuracy.
Personally about the only thing a shotgun is good for is clay pigeon shooting.:thumb:

It really depends. A handgun requires constant practice to maintain proficiency. Not so much for a shotgun. For someone who is not an regular shooter, the shotgun might be a better choice.

Bunch of damn rednecks and your guns..........

If you own a Remington or Winchester 12 gauge shotgun, you gotta get one of these - http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SpecOps-Adjustable-Shotgun-Stock,1158,165.htm
Absolutely the best invention for shotguns, ever. You can shoot 100 rounds with no achy shoulder.
If you ever get a chance to fire a shotgun with a Knoxx recoil stock, do it, you will be converted.

Edit - California residents, this stock can legally be installed on a pump action shotgun, but not a semi auto due to the pistol grip.
I do have an 870 for sale, locally, and an official FFL transaction form must be part of the deal - 100% legal.

Fellers, we need pictures! I posted mine, and so did Rock. Y'alls turn.

James, get an AR-15 with a laser sight and flashlight. Cock the gun (I think they sound intimidating), then put the laser right on his chest, and flick on the flashlight. That'll get him dead in his tracks. At least for me it would. The pump of a shotgun is pretty dag-on intimidating too.

James

Staff member
:noidea: Sorry I don't take pictures of my fellers aka firearms.

But this might give you an idea. :smirk:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Glock+27

I don't think an AR-15 would be as intimidating to an intruder, nothing beats the sound of a shotgun being pumped. :shocked: Or the take down power.

:noidea: Sorry I don't take pictures of my fellers aka firearms.

And WHY NOT, JAMES?

But this might give you an idea. :smirk:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Glock+27

:lol::lol::lol:
But, but, this is James' Glock 27. Not just no other G27!

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me."

I don't think an AR-15 would be as intimidating to an intruder, nothing beats the sound of a shotgun being pumped. :shocked: Or the take down power.

Fine, blow off his head! While you are cleaning up brain matter and skull fragments and a bunch of blood, I will already be back asleep. Why is this? Because my shot was nice and clean and all I have to clean up is blood, and then dispose of the body. Total time for me = 1 hour. Total time for you = 3.5 hours. Who's going to be tired for work the next day? :P

RM, I'm shocked! I would think you would know better!:naughty:

A shotgun is the most versitile gun on the planet! I can defend my home, and garner EVERYTHING that lives on land that is fit to eat and fill my belly!

I have NOT bought any meat in the past year other than chicken and bacon. No shit! My freezer is still too full to ethically shoot any more! I invite all the locals and friends to my cabin just to EAT! We are going to have a big Hoo-Haw! at my place Halloween weekend just so I can get rid of last years meat!

I'm doing whole backstraps stuffed with cheese, garlic. and spinach, wrapped in bacon, on the grill. Everything done on an open fire! Stuiffed turkey breasts!
More deep fried Lake Erie Perch! Deer liver with garlic and onion. Hot Hungarian red and yellow peppers stuffed with venison sausage, rice, garlic, onion, mushrooms...cooked in a dutch oven till almost done, then covered in fresh tomato and green chilis and covered in a pound of mozerella cheese until brown and bubbly!

I am the total camp cookling bitch! That's a mantle I wear proudly! It is fun as hell! I ride, I shoot, I hunt with the best of them! But I am the King of Open Fire Cooking and everyone knows it!

Getting back to the point, a shotgun rules! I'll take my muzzie loader over a shotgun any day for big game, but shotguns fill the pot with feather and fur! And that is satisfying as hell to feed yourself by your own hand in fantastic tasting style!

You western guys can't ID with this!

You have laws! We have no laws!

Zero!

It's a beautiful thing!

You western guys can't ID with this!

You have laws! We have no laws!

Zero!

It's a beautiful thing!

Except for the law that says you can't use a centerfire rifle to take deer. Well you can use a muzzleloader or a .357 Mag and up handgun. Yes, even California let us use rifles for hunting deer.

Your camp food sounds good though. Too bad it's 2000 miles away...

Except for the law that says you can't use a centerfire rifle to take deer. Well you can use a muzzleloader or a .357 Mag and up handgun. Yes, even California let us use rifles for hunting deer.

Your camp food sounds good though. Too bad it's 2000 miles away...

It is a damn shame you are so far away! You'd be welcome at my camp!

Just for the record: I plastered food with open sights .357 and .44 mag Smith and Wesson. My fav wheel guns Pffft! Can't beat them!

I can say that if you want meat for the freezer, You can get it for you without fail.

Whack em and stack em!
:thumb:

James

Staff member
And WHY NOT, JAMES?
:lol::lol::lol:
But, but, this is James' Glock 27. Not just no other G27!
:lol:

:noidea: It just seems to personal, hard to explain.

Fine, blow off his head! While you are cleaning up brain matter and skull fragments and a bunch of blood, I will already be back asleep. Why is this? Because my shot was nice and clean and all I have to clean up is blood, and then dispose of the body. Total time for me = 1 hour. Total time for you = 3.5 hours. Who's going to be tired for work the next day? :P
:lol: When did I say blow somebodies head off? Center mass always go for center mass. Oh and the cops/crime techs can take care of the perp. In all honesty I'd probably move if, God forbid, something like this would ever happen. I'm guessing that you'd think about that night every time you'd walk past the "area". However if me or my family's life is in danger I wouldn't hesitate.

Here's one of my favorite quotes. "I'd rather be tried by 12, then carried by 6."

or the one about "Let God sort them out", isn't that from a movie? :lol:

:lol: When did I say blow somebodies head off? Center mass always go for center mass. Oh and the cops/crime techs can take care of the perp. In all honesty I'd probably move if, God forbid, something like this would ever happen. I'm guessing that you'd think about that night every time you'd walk past the "area". However if me or my family's life is in danger I wouldn't hesitate.

Eh, I suppose that's true. But a nice clean headshot leaves no time for reaction from the intruder. How long does it take after being hit in the chest to die out?

Here's one of my favorite quotes. "I'd rather be tried by 12, then carried by 6."

or the one about "Let God sort them out", isn't that from a movie? :lol:

Here's one I like from Ted Nugent. "I don't like repeat offenders. I like dead offenders."

:lol::lol: It's a military thing, "Kill em all and let God sort em out!" I heard it first on an episode of Wildboyz where Chris Pontius said it. :lol:

James

Staff member
Eh, I suppose that's true. But a nice clean headshot leaves no time for reaction from the intruder. How long does it take after being hit in the chest to die out?
True but that's sort of like the saying "I'd rather have a hit with a .22 then a solid miss with a .45".
I've always been told to go for center mass/biggest body part. Or just do it old school :smirk: 2 in the chest, one in the head.

:lol: I can't believe that we're actually having this discussion.
:lol::lol: It's a military thing, "Kill em all and let God sort em out!"
:lol: Ahh that's where I've heard it.

True but that's sort of like the saying "I'd rather have a hit with a .22 then a solid miss with a .45".
I've always been told to go for center mass/biggest body part. Or just do it old school :smirk: 2 in the chest, one in the head.

I like the 2 and 1 method! Works for me! :P

:lol: I can't believe that we're actually having this discussion.

:lol::banana: