The Fishing Thread

Sounds great! :thumb:
I normally only eat the catfish I catch. :drool:

Catfish is great as well....it's a tight, coarse fish, but it's in my freezer and on my menu! F Yeah!:thumb:

If you haven't figured it out already, I like a meal garnered off the land. So my tastes are wide and broad!

My freezer is loaded down with catfish .... Thats all i keep.... And i just keep all my fish the first couple times a year i go out... Till my freezer gets stuffed.. And when next year rolls around Any catfish i have left over i give it away...And reload the freezer.... bought a month after i start fishing.... I dont keep a single one lol

My freezer is loaded down with catfish .... Thats all i keep.... And i just keep all my fish the first couple times a year i go out... Till my freezer gets stuffed.. And when next year rolls around Any catfish i have left over i give it away...And reload the freezer.... bought a month after i start fishing.... I dont keep a single one lol

I eat fish 3 or 4 times a week! The other 3 or 4 times, I eat the venison I killed the year before! I'm sure I will die from eating too much fish poisoned in years gone. I never buy grocery store meat. Well..sometimes....if a Delmonico steak speaks to me...

Put it 8-6-2011 about 8:30pm.... Fished all night.. Few nibbles not takers... Useing night crawlers and some kind of cheep ass stink bait... And also tried some shad... Got out of the river around 2pm...

8/7
Got to the river around 3pm... Did a little fishing then... Caught a half lb'er lol ... Fished there a few hours... Then we went on a boat ride for a few hours... Then about 5pm we stopped and fished in an old spot we used to fish... Didnt catch crap... I turned out and started fishing the other side of the boat.. Because i was just pissed off lol... And I threw a line that landed on the leg of a bridge.. And i just barly pulled it off the ledge and it fell into the water... 2 seconds later i caught a 3.5 lb channel...So my buddy started fishing that side.. And he caught another 2lb channel and a 3lb blue... Got off the river around 830 pm... Im beat..

My phone went dead but i got a few pics i do beleive.

0807011915.jpg

0807012007a.jpg

Put it 8-6-2011 about 8:30pm.... Fished all night.. Few nibbles not takers... Useing night crawlers and some kind of cheep ass stink bait... And also tried some shad... Got out of the river around 2pm...

8/7
Got to the river around 3pm... Did a little fishing then... Caught a half lb'er lol ... Fished there a few hours... Then we went on a boat ride for a few hours... Then about 5pm we stopped and fished in an old spot we used to fish... Didnt catch crap... I turned out and started fishing the other side of the boat.. Because i was just pissed off lol... And I threw a line that landed on the leg of a bridge.. And i just barly pulled it off the ledge and it fell into the water... 2 seconds later i caught a 3.5 lb channel...So my buddy started fishing that side.. And he caught another 2lb channel and a 3lb blue... Got off the river around 830 pm... Im beat..

My phone went dead but i got a few pics i do beleive.

0807011915.jpg

0807012007a.jpg

Cool! Sounds like you guys had a great meal! :banana:

Well finally got my dad out on the water with me... And like me hes been on the water his whole life.. And about 10 years ago had a stroke and a couple heart attacks... And thats when they had to get rid of the family boat.. And that was the last time he had been on the water... A few weeks ago he told me he bought his fishing license and i thought he was chitting me... But he did :thumb: .... Call him at work today and asked him if he wanted to go and he said yes!...

Got to the dock around 345pm ... Fished a few different spots... We found this bombass place that we chummed the hell out of I think its going to be our new secret hole... We kept getting hung up.. .My dad was the only one to catch a fish there... Finally we went to our normal spot and started pulling them in... i caught a chit load of baby cats..little bitty dudes... My buddy caught a couple 2 to 3 lber's ... My dad was pretty well beat... But he kept throwing some hail mary shots in this brush... There was a bigass cat in there ... he couse never get it on the line and keep it on the hook and if he did it was get stuck under brush

Buddys fish
0812011922.jpg

Dads fish
0812011832.jpg

I caught a small perch and a baby cat at the same time ...lol same pole

0812011944.jpg

About 9pm my dad said ... Holy hell how are we going to get back to the ramp.... And i said WFO.... And he said whats a WFO.... And my buddy said ... Well its nothing like a UFO... And the last time i heard WFO I just shut my eyes and started praying... hahah We ran around 20mph... And he didnt like it but hes also addicted to speed so he got over it once we got to the truck

They pulled in all there lines and got the boat read... I still had both my poles out... I started reeling in my main pole (i had rigged an old pole up just to put stink bait on with tthese new plugs i bought to see how they did) ... I got my main pole about half way in... And that junk rod and reel started going WACK... I didnt intend on cathcing a fish with it because the reel is broke...... it got all wound up in my other line.. The reed locked up like 10 times... Finally get it to the boat...nice big cat... I dont know the weight i had no scales with me today ..Nice size tho :tease:

0812012026.jpg

Dad is 70years old ... And today i had a blast with him... I worked all last night and was up all day today working on the yard and some cars.. I was tired as hell ... But damn did we have fun today... I laughed so hard...

0812011742.jpg

0812011737.jpg

Well finally got my dad out on the water with me... And like me hes been on the water his whole life.. And about 10 years ago had a stroke and a couple heart attacks... And thats when they had to get rid of the family boat.. And that was the last time he had been on the water... A few weeks ago he told me he bought his fishing license and i thought he was chitting me... But he did :thumb: .... Call him at work today and asked him if he wanted to go and he said yes!...

Got to the dock around 345pm ... Fished a few different spots... We found this bombass place that we chummed the hell out of I think its going to be our new secret hole... We kept getting hung up.. .My dad was the only one to catch a fish there... Finally we went to our normal spot and started pulling them in... i caught a chit load of baby cats..little bitty dudes... My buddy caught a couple 2 to 3 lber's ... My dad was pretty well beat... But he kept throwing some hail mary shots in this brush... There was a bigass cat in there ... he couse never get it on the line and keep it on the hook and if he did it was get stuck under brush

Buddys fish
0812011922.jpg

Dads fish
0812011832.jpg

I caught a small perch and a baby cat at the same time ...lol same pole

0812011944.jpg

About 9pm my dad said ... Holy hell how are we going to get back to the ramp.... And i said WFO.... And he said whats a WFO.... And my buddy said ... Well its nothing like a UFO... And the last time i heard WFO I just shut my eyes and started praying... hahah We ran around 20mph... And he didnt like it but hes also addicted to speed so he got over it once we got to the truck

They pulled in all there lines and got the boat read... I still had both my poles out... I started reeling in my main pole (i had rigged an old pole up just to put stink bait on with tthese new plugs i bought to see how they did) ... I got my main pole about half way in... And that junk rod and reel started going WACK... I didnt intend on cathcing a fish with it because the reel is broke...... it got all wound up in my other line.. The reed locked up like 10 times... Finally get it to the boat...nice big cat... I dont know the weight i had no scales with me today ..Nice size tho :tease:

0812012026.jpg

Dad is 70years old ... And today i had a blast with him... I worked all last night and was up all day today working on the yard and some cars.. I was tired as hell ... But damn did we have fun today... I laughed so hard...

0812011742.jpg

0812011737.jpg

Amazing report, Kyle! Pretty sexy looking cat you caught there.
Nice double fish on a line. :thumb:

We all need to set up a DBA fishing/ride day. :banana:
Oh and.. I can tell you copied this over from NPT! :moon:

Was lazy today...Took a good boat ride...About 4pm we started fishing... Stopped fishing around 10pm

Caught around 35 fish.... 15 of them were like 5 inchs long lol.... We caught about 10 2 to 3 lbers... caught around a 6 lber..... And caught like 3 or 4 perch...

Finally caught a blue cat.... Aint seen too many of those this year.

Right before we was leaving my buddy has started the boat to turn all the lights on...And something hit my line full steam ahead... I dont know what it was but i had braided rip cord on that reel and it ran for about 45 seconds... and then snapped the line... It damn neer pulled me out of the boat...

We was doing some testing... And i think the best way to fish is one hook around 12inch above a weight... and sponge/tube hook with that sonnys below the weight around 12inchs.... We had all kinds of combos ... And that pole was cathcing fish all day and night

0813012013.jpg

0813011936.jpg

Was lazy today...Took a good boat ride...About 4pm we started fishing... Stopped fishing around 10pm

Caught around 35 fish.... 15 of them were like 5 inchs long lol.... We caught about 10 2 to 3 lbers... caught around a 6 lber..... And caught like 3 or 4 perch...

Finally caught a blue cat.... Aint seen too many of those this year.

Right before we was leaving my buddy has started the boat to turn all the lights on...And something hit my line full steam ahead... I dont know what it was but i had braided rip cord on that reel and it ran for about 45 seconds... and then snapped the line... It damn neer pulled me out of the boat...

We was doing some testing... And i think the best way to fish is one hook around 12inch above a weight... and sponge/tube hook with that sonnys below the weight around 12inchs.... We had all kinds of combos ... And that pole was cathcing fish all day and night

0813012013.jpg

0813011936.jpg

you need a halibut pole/reel and some 100lb tuff line :thumb: