Amatuer Team Panda rides across Nevada

Nice - see the new classes for next years BITD series. They will have a family class, women's class, pro ironman, 300 class, etc. I'll find the news feed.

BEST IN THE DESERT ANNOUNCES NEW MOTORCYCLE CLASSES FOR 2020
Posted October 28, 2019

BEST IN THE DESERT ANNOUNCES NEW MOTORCYCLE CLASSES FOR 2020
Radical new “Adventure” Class, Ironman Pro Class, 399cc Class, Women’s and Family Classes Offered
2020-MC-Class.jpg

LAS VEGAS, NV (Oct. 28th, 2019)Best In The Desert, the largest off-road racing series in North America, announced today it is adding four new classes to its motorcycle division for 2020. The big news starts with the addition of the “Adventure” class for adventure motorcycles featuring two cylinders. We also added the Ironman Pro Class due to many requests from racers. A Women’s class is being added, and we are changing our 300cc class to 399cc for Pro, Amateur, and Sportsman classes. Last but not least Best In The Desert will offer a special Family class for those wishing to compete as part of a family unit. These new classes represent Best In The Desert‘s continued efforts to respond to the evolving motorcycle market, manufacturer’s development efforts, and the changing face of motorcycling.
“We’ve been watching the motorcycle market closely for several years, and there’s no question where the growth is in the market. Adventure motorcycles featuring twin cylinders are the fastest-growing segment of the market, and many riders are looking for competitive events to test them in,” commented Best In The Desert Race Operation Manager Donald Jackson. Also, with women now making up almost 20% of all motorcyclists, the time has come for us to offer a 100% women’s class for them to compete in as well. Ours is one of the most exciting forms of racing on the planet, and the addition of these new classes is sure to draw additional interest and attention.”
“In addition to the Adventure class, Pro Ironman Class and the Women’s class we are excited to update the 300cc classes to now expand to 399cc,” said Best In The Desert CEO Daryl Folks. “Besides giving all the KTM, BMW, Honda, Yamaha and Triumph adventure motorcycle riders a new platform to compete in on their heavyweight twin-cylinder bikes, the 399cc class will create a level playing field for this highly popular class displacement as well by combining the previous 300cc class into one class for motorcycles with displacement up to 399cc. No longer will 350cc four strokes be forced to race against higher displacement 450s. Instead, they will compete against all motorcycles of 399cc or less. Finally, the addition of the family class is sure to be a home run with those looking to compete as a family.
The launch of these new classes is the latest in a long line of initiatives Best In The Desert has undertaken recently to increase motorcycle participation and address the needs of a rapidly changing market. It represents a renewed effort by the ownership of Best In The Desert to bring more riders into the sport as well as an overall commitment to continue to grow the sport of off-road desert racing.
The 2020 Season is coming up quick and registration is about ready to launch. Check the BEST IN THE DESERT website often for updates.

Oh yeah and Adventure class

I miss this shit.

I was broke af before I went, and I was really broke af when I got home, and even with tons of help I'm still paying for it, doing ok but being minded about a future and eventually being retired is there. I recently tried to buy a 501fe-s because I have friends that are into dual sporting and adventure trips now but the racer in me says thats gay, bank said no anyway, maybe in the not so distant future I'll buy a husky 450 and get back into racing some events, because I re read this and a bunch of my other old race reports, and I miss it.

I miss this shit.

I was broke af before I went, and I was really broke af when I got home, and even with tons of help I'm still paying for it, doing ok but being minded about a future and eventually being retired is there. I recently tried to buy a 501fe-s because I have friends that are into dual sporting and adventure trips now but the racer in me says thats gay, bank said no anyway, maybe in the not so distant future I'll buy a husky 450 and get back into racing some events, because I re read this and a bunch of my other old race reports, and I miss it.
Do it!